Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Purple Heart Vet Shot 5 Times, 78 Surgeries, Not Eligible For Va Housing

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

This wheelchair Veteran was not "injured enough" to qualify for VA housing. The Actor, Gary Sinese, however, helped him get an adaptive home. Now maybe that is what Vets need to fix VA...we need more benevolent actors!

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/nation/military/2015/06/01/franz-walkup-to-get-new-home-from-gary-sinise-foundation/28323141/

6 answers to this question

what pisses me off is the powers that be had to know our guys would get shredded, just like the russians did when they went in for ground operations.. Yet they sent them anyway.. Now they are done with the warriors and want to just forget abt them.. WHAT A BATTLE concept.. Build outposts surrounded on all sides by higher ground full of caves, tunnels passageways and stone cover, and let the enemy shoot at you all day.. ( Korengal valley).. then do night patrols and walk into ambushes..

You cannot help people who do not want you in thier country !!!!!

Veterans must resort to charitable gifts to try and recover and try to lead whats left of thier life.

There are contractors who made millions and a veteran cant get some halls widened in his house or a modified crapper.

Im sure a modified mini van is out of the question also.

PATHETIC AND CRIMINAL.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

Viet Nam War was run by pencil pushers in Washington DC.

Some Veterans get first class care but many get crap.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would call the President if I was him...by pass all the other congress people and let the President know how the Veterans are being treated. Its all covered up to the president if he knew about all this crap going on at the VA I Believe he would do something about it, he relies on other elected official's to report to him...and its obviously he is getting false reports.

Although I was very surprised today I went to my Appointment Here in Dallas Tx

Appointment for Labs 8:00 was in by 8:15 AM...Dr's Appointment at 10:00 AM...Checked in at my Clinic at 9:40 and was called in right at 10:00 AM...First time this has ever happen to me.. even had to go do a EKG and was out by 11:00...and they have a lot of construction going on through out the Hospital..& the Hospital was busy as ever.

I just hope the Doc got all my prescriptions re filled I usually check that but today I didn't ask, taking the EKD caught me off guard and I was just so Happy I was out of there by 11:00

Hope this is a sign of CHANGE???

..................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck

I have gone to Dallas VAMC since June 1991. In the old days appointments were for 9 AM and you waited for hours unless you came on Bonham Bus. Don't even get me started on pharmacy. When I go to VA now I usually check in early and am done before the actual appointment.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh yeah pete. I remember those days.

The pharmacy is a joke checking in at the pharmacy & after my appointments I usually go on home but sometimes if I'm out of something I have the Doc to just order it for me so I can pick it up while I 'm here go check in at the Pharmacy and then go check in again when my name comes up on the monitors...such a hassle. usually its a good hour waiting in line each time.

One of my reasons I hate going to the VAMC.

.................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Folks:

Unfortunately, this soldier did not have the right raters looking at his file? Probably, someone who just looked at the first 3 or 4 pages of his file but did not get to the "key or critical" SMR evidence that is clearly in his file? I've had several instances where the Doc certified that they looked at my entire file...but it was clear that they had not? So, I'm that the same thing happened to this soldier and if they had seen the real evidence then things would have been different. That said, it really bothers me when civilian organizations step in because the government can't do the right things for those who deserve these benefits the most. I saw another story where a soldier was burned over 90% of his body and revived just 10% service connection for his injuries. His face and a head we're severely damaged and the pictures told his story best. But, it was not until the media got involved and the public was outraged that he finally got 90%...which is what he should have received from the beginning..