Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Needs To Be More Careful Of "who" They Make Wait A Long Time In The Waiting Room

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

The VA may have messed with the WRONG Vet:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2015/06/04/representative-seth-moulton-ordeal-veterans-administration-health-system-spurs-his-first-legislation/O30mN70YGgeKNEhL9BMeXI/story.html

The VA will be forced to give better care, never knowing "who" they will be serving. It looks like they may have to actually treat Veterans decent, if more congress critters do this.

Its really too bad this congress critter did not apply for disability compensation....

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember. Keep political stabs out of this topic.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I don't know about you but I like this guy. Excuse me, I like this Congressman.

I seriously can't believe that staff didn't bend over backwards once they realized who he was. However that shouldn't matter, congressman, or broken soldier, doesn't matter, as a patient, as Veteran seeking care, as human being, he was treated like most of us have been and still are.

I hope that this is the beginning of some serious change in the healthcare that WE are provided. Man I would have loved to hear the conversations going on in the room, a fly on the wall sort of speak. Hopefully this keeps the fire going for OUR fight.

Reports like this give me a pick me up to keep the fight going. Awesome. I need that.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

I don't like the way this was done . Visiting a VA with no ID.

I will say his intention was good, but the implementation was poor.

The workers attempted to do their job; however a little disorganized and slow.

Showing up with no ID would be a hardship on any agency unless the systems are connected or operate off the same server.

You would think the systems would be connected, but you never know.

A better resolution would be for veterans to be properly scheduled (no over scheduling) and to stick to exact appointment times.

For more dire circumstances, have a clinic fully staffed which specifically addresses medical emergencies on a 24 hour basis.

Also, give the congressman credit for passing bills to help the situation.

Edited by Fat

I think a point that could be made is that it is the VA's responsibility to work around those issues to complete their mission, which is to help veterans, especially those who cannot help themselves, regardless of any obstacles...maybe?

Remember. Keep political stabs out of this topic.

J

Stand corrected. Apologies

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: