Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Health Benefits Denied?

Rate this question

steelman24

Question

Hello, I am an Army veteran of the Gulf War. I served 1 year and 3 months active duty before getting an honorable discharge. Upon returning from the Gulf War I became depressed and starting gaining weight. Within 6 months I was discharged from the Army. Throughout the past years I have experienced issues both mentally and physically ,but have been in denial that it was war related issues. For the last 20 years I have had sleep problems and nightmares that have gotten worse in the last 7 years. I was hospitalized for 7 days with a GI Bleed in 2008. I'm still having stomach problems and intestinal issues which make me use the bathroom constantly. I also suffer with anxiety problems. I avoid crowds and find myself wanting to be alone because I get overwhelmed when I'm around people. My neighbor who is a veteran of Vietnam suggested I seek VA for medical assistance. So, I went to the local VA office and applied for medical benefits and received a letter in the mail that I was denied. The reason stated was because I did not serve 24 consecutive months. My question is am I eligible under the Enhanced Eligibility? It states: you must have served in the Persian Gulf from August 2, 1990 to November 11, 1998. I do not have health insurance. What other options do I have to get approved in order to receive health benefits through the VA.

What options do I have? Chuck

Congratulations steelman24.....BTW if youwent to combat you should automatically get aservice connected disability you know what I mean. Once again congratulations,now your journey truly begins.

Congratulations steelman24.....BTW if youwent to combat you should automatically get aservice connected disability you know what I mean. Once again congratulations,now your journey truly begins.

yes sir I know what u mean.

Steelman24

I would go chain myself to the flag pole and keep screaming at the top of my lungs... I AM A WAR VETERAN AND BEING DENIED MEDICAL CARE... !!!!

Wow this is Great News!

It should not have even caused such a rigamorale.