Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Press Release Re: Suicide

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I just got this PR from VA:
"Study may help Department of Veterans Affairs find patients with high-risk of suicide

June 11, 2015, 04:04:00 PM

http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2710"

Maybe they have been reading the many comments from vets at Ben Krauses Web site:

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/06/11/dod-to-defund-successful-suicide-prevention-program/

Those comments have been building for 2 days now.

Lets face it, the only way VA has a pulse on what veterans really care about, and really need ,is by going to the vet web sites to find out..

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

More today:

"This week, GAO revealed VA is failing to accurately use its veteran suicide protocol to help the agency respond to the staggering number of suicides. This is par for the course for many whistleblowers calling out VA for neglecting suicidal veterans."

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/06/12/gao-proves-va-blowing-of-veteran-suicide-protocol/

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta...

I think they underestimate exactly how bad it is when the VA delays our benefits for 5 years on suicide.

Its a fact that economic problems contribute to suicide. Rarely do you see millionaire Veterans taking their own life.

VA employees would quit if their compensation checks were delayed five years, we can't quit so some take their own life.

Those long delays kill Veterans, there is no doubt. I wonder why there is not study on that? Maybe they dont want to know the results.

There is significant financial incentive for VA to cause a delay in payment of Veterans benefits. Some die, some give up, and even those who persist lose out on the interest on their money.

Culpability

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Berta...

I think they underestimate exactly how bad it is when the VA delays our benefits for 5 years on suicide.

Its a fact that economic problems contribute to suicide. Rarely do you see millionaire Veterans taking their own life.

VA employees would quit if their compensation checks were delayed five years, we can't quit so some take their own life.

Those long delays kill Veterans, there is no doubt. I wonder why there is not study on that? Maybe they dont want to know the results.

There is significant financial incentive for VA to cause a delay in payment of Veterans benefits. Some die, some give up, and even those who persist lose out on the interest on their money.

Very well put, I agree completely. Now, add in PTSD, chronic pain and the myriad of specific individual issues which are making us seek compensation to begin with, and you have an extremely caustic environment for many of us.

• HadIt.com Elder

The suicide thing is why they VA is contemplating cutting me off my pain meds after ten years. Because I have sleep apnea, chronic pain and anxiety and depression I am a OD/suicide risk I guess. I called the medical director's office today to get somebody involved with the incredibly poor care I am getting. The VA blames me for being sick. I am non-compliant because I cannot spontaneously cure myself of OSA, mental health issues, and chronic pain. If I can find a private pain doctor who will prescribe for me I won't go back to the VA for that care. The thing is I earned medical care from the VA. Because the care is so poor I must pay for care myself. What is wrong with this picture? I want to cause the VA grief before I go to the VA cemetery.