Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Rating!

Rate this topic

Rocket1949

WOW, this is GREAT news!!!!

Rocket, are you employed?

If not did VA know that, and if so did they mention TDIU at all in the decision?

Hamslice can you give us a link to this?

"Free nursing home at a vet home"

Berta, here it is:

Hamslice

http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/benefits_book/benefits_chap01.asp

Long-term Services

VA provides institution based services (nursing home level of care) to Veterans through three national programs: VA owned and operated Community Living Centers (CLC), State Veterans’ Homes owned and operated by the states, and the community nursing home program. Each program has admission and eligibility criteria specific to the program. VA is obligated to pay the full cost of nursing home services for enrolled Veterans who need nursing home care for a service-connected disability, or Veterans or who have a 70 percent or greater service-connected disability and Veterans with a rating of total disability based on individual un-employability. VA provided nursing home care for all other Veterans is based on available resources. Institution based nursing home care is expected to be person centered and serves Veterans of all ages.

Thanks everyone for the congratulatory remarks. It's good good to know I've got some place to go when I hit 100. If I don't get over this strip throat pretty soon Ill be checking in sooner. Berta Ive been on SSDI for six years so I'm retired and not working. When I first started this process and was filling out the paper work I asked about unemployability but did not file for it. When I received my decision they had stated that I didn't qualify for IU because claimant has not been found unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of service connected disabilities .My SSDI is based on a back injury that at this point I can't prove that it started in Vietnam Nam.So I'm thinking of applying for reconsideration which I believe is VA Form 4138. When talking to the VA Regional Office in Los Angeles they recommend this first before filling a NOD. So I'm debating on how to approach it. One way is getting letters from my Veterans Center Representative and my VA Doctors and Psychologist stating that my unemployability is related to my PTSD.

Edited by Rocket1949

• HadIt.com Elder

The Nursing Homes are ones approved by VA and not many of them. In Texas the State has some homes about 6 last time I checked who Service Connected Vets can use. It is a good idea to talk to your VA Social Worker as they can help you with many different issues. I see mine once a year and she has been very helpful

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use