Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secretary Of Va's Email?

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I feel like it is time to get the Secretary of the VA involved in my medical care or lack of medical care. What is his email address again? I have written all three of my representatives, the medical director of the hospital, the patient advocate and even a sorry VSO. I am angry about being treated like a criminal by the VA just because I am disabled. I could not sleep last night because every time I closed my eyes I saw myself bashing in the face of my so-called pain doctor. I am afraid to even be in the same room with these people because I might lose my cool and start to strangle one of them.

John

6 answers to this question

John, if you feel you have a Patient Safety Issue ,contact the Inspector General

If they agree you do have this type of issue, they will look into it for you.

We had a vet here getting a medication run a round about 2 years ago.

He needed seizure prevention meds, and 2 VAMCs were making him play musical chairs.

All I could think of , to help him, was for him to contact the IG via their hotline and the IG resolved his problems in a Heartbeat.

http://www.va.gov/oig/hotline/

They assess hotline complaints and, if they feel it is a Patient Safety Issue they will help you.

I have not heard from them on my recent OIG complaint.

When someone ( a Chief at Comp and Pen from VA Central) tells me that I was already paid 16 months of accrued 100% Plus SMC for 2 dependents for 16 months, from the information they looked into, and yet the director of the RO says there will be no accrued 16 month payment made, which my recent decision says as well, with no R and B,

I asked the IG last week, identifying the Comp and Pen guy who also had someone else with him looking at the info he was reading, "who got my accrued money because I sure didnt get it.."

The IG apparently looked into a complaint I filed at the hotline , a bogus new DIC claim my RO opened in 2014 for me.

I filed a complaint because, I get DIC under 3 separate theories but the VA only sends one check.

I realized how easy it could be for an award letter ,based on one of my DIC awards ,and by manipulating the evidence a little or maybe not even having to manipulate it at all,

to be sent to someone else and then the monthly DIC checks to them would follow

The RO suddenly dropped that fake DIC claim off the books, after I emailed the IG hotline..

John,

I may be wrong but I believe the email address for Secretary McDonald contains his middle initial.

The info I have shows the following email address for Bob McDonald:

Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov

Put a period before and after the middle initial.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

I made both a IG complaint about my care at the VA and sent emails to Hickey and McDonald. I have sent letters authorizing all my senators and congressmen to investigate the situation. I called the Medical Director and patient advocate. I called suicide prevention hot line to discuss my feelings of helplessness and hopelessness knowing my so-called VA doctors are looking for a way to cut my pain meds. I have strict guidelines I must follow for opioid contract but the VA can drive a truck through their side of the contract it seems. I may have to have an emergency meeting with my half-ass VA shrink to discuss the worsening of my depression due to the VA abuse of my medical needs.

• HadIt.com Elder

jOHN999,

Be sure and save your phone bill with those Gov Numbers you called as proof you called them it may come in handy!

Good Luck on your protest. use a sign that is not to heavy but stays strong use bright color letters in neon!

and take your umbrella & lots of bottle water maybe a small ice chest!

Good Luck!

.................................................Buck