Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Colonoscopy Reminder!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Just a reminder to the younger veterans & the older ones too >. go get a Colonoscopy test, don't wait until its to late, you never know what's happening with your insides, get your VA Doc to order the test,

if they don't do them at your VAMC they will order outside private care to do it.

the test is very simply and no pain so please don't wait until you get older or until your over 50.

I use to think it was a horrible test but its not, the only dreaded part is the night before you go to your appointment you have to drink a eight ounce glass 1'/2 Gal of this solution every 15 minutes until its all gone (it cleans you out)

Its just something we never think about until we get older, However

This test could save and prolong your life.

........................................Buck

The so called go lightly. :ohmy: I would agree though you are absolutely correct. Even if they do not find anything, the sooner something comes back positive and the earlier it is caught, the better your chances to survive and recover from it.

Yeppers Buck,

Got one myself for my 50th birthday four years ago. I dont remember a thing about the proceedure, except the day and night before. You'll be clean as a whisle when get there if you follow thier instructions to the letter. Stay by the bathroom at first, then you will get the hang of it after a while.

I got the lemon flavor if I remember correctly, but they have different ones now.

I think I get to go next year again, yippie,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree ArNG11,

My reason posting this is because as veterans we get caught up in our claims so much and stress out about the whole process as we wait for a decision...and we tend to let our health go, of course this is all voluntary but its just something we never think about getting done until were older and that maybe to late.

...................Buck

Heh this helps as well. With the Mobiprep, that is usually what they give, it goes down better if you go with a gatorade flavor that is not your favorite. It makes it easier to take down. I AGREE and ADVISE the same as Hamslice, stay immediately close to the bathroom and get the softest TP you can find. Your rear will appreciate that. Damn I hate the prep for those Colonoscopies.

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah it is hard to prepare for it but its worth it, I had a hard time getting it all down every 15 minutes but I did it and boy does that stuff work.

They found about 8 polyps in me, polyps turn into cancer...they get them while there in there.

They gave me a I don't care IV...& I remember looking at this monitor as the test was going on..just feel pressure at times & that's about it.

If anyone of you reading this and you have not had one, please ask your Doc to schedule it!

..................Buck