Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Appeal Status Info Unavailable Until September

Rate this question

lotzaspotz

Question

I tried to check my husband's status on appeals pending at the Board and saw that the information will be unavailable until September. That must be one heck of a redesign/reboot to take two and a half months to implement.

Edited by lotzaspotz

Its the SSDD with VA.

I think what happened years ago, the VA employees figured out an excuse so they dont have to talk to Veterans. (They are just too busy to bother with Veterans). So, they quit giving out VARO employees phone numbers, and we usually dont know the name of the rater for our claim. (Its often signed by the director, but the director did not like that anymore, so they just sign them, generically, "RO director" instead of the RO director's name.

"Ask Peggy" (the 1-800 number) has been bad for years.

Then, they touted ebenefits which would be "much better".

Most recently its "email Allison".

Gee, if you go to McDonalds and get a bad burger, you can go to the manager and he will replace it pronto. VA has no such method to give Veterans good service. They dont want to.

I generally just call them. The BVA has an open phone policy and some of the nicest receptionists in the business. They answer promptly and know exactly where the claim is at any given moment.Try it. 800-923-8387 (9-4:30 PM EDT M-F).

The 800 -827-1000 Prize Redemption Line is for the VARO gomers.

Thanks Asknod!! I'll do that tomorrow, as it's past closing time now.

800-923-8387 (9-4:30 PM EDT M-F), as askNOD suggests, is a better method for acquiring an up-to-date status on your BVA Appeal.

I called them this morning, and, after providing my SSN and Phone#, the clerk took about 30 seconds to give me my status. Since the ebenefits portal application that "normally" provides this information has been closed until September, this method works well. In fact, it probably provides better results. (jmvho)