Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success, I Think!

Rate this topic

RonS

Today I got "unofficial" word that I was going to be rated at 60%. eBenefits had switched to "Pending Decision Approval" this morning, so I emailed my NH VSO, and she stated that my letter shows the following:

30% PTSD

10% Back

10% R Hip

10% Right Knee

10% Left Knee

10% Tinnitus

0%: Left hip, right hand fracture

Denied: ankles, migraines, neck, eyes, hearing loss & acute depression

I had made it a goal for this year to file and complete a disability claim with the VA. So I went into it like I do with everything, with both barrels. In January, I began collecting every scrap of information, medical records, buddy statements, etc, and by the time I sat with a State of NH VSO on March 6th, I had over 300 pages all in chronological order, and those documents didn't even include my SMRs; those had seemed to be "lost".

I found out the following things during this process:

a. People you may think are your buddy, and say they will write a statement will blow you off, make excuses and do whatever they can not to have to put pen to paper. The ones that do are your true friends.

b. A senator who sits on the Armed Services Committee can be your best asset in regards to finding your medical records very quickly.

c. eBenefits is a great asset, but it's also a cause anxiety......

Right now I am "OK" with my unofficial rating. I think I will probably appeal the rating on my left hip (that was the hip that was actually injured in service), as well as the neck. I'll talk to my VSO about it after I get "Official" notification.

For timeline purposes:

3/6/2015 - Meet with VSO

3/10/2015 - File date in eBenefits

3/13/2015 - Letter from CG stating they don't have my records

3/19/2015 - Friend still in CG finds my records

3/23/2015 - Status changes in ebenefits from "Under Review" to "Gathering Evidence"

3/26/2015 - VA requests more detailed information on the stressors I listed for my PTSD statement

4/02/2015 - Sen Kelly Ayotte's office calls and notifies me that they have received my medical records

4/20/2015 - First C&P Exams (PTSD and Ears)

5/22/2015 - Second set of C&P exams (everything else)

6/1/2015 - eBenefits status changes from "Gathering Evidence" to "Preparation for Decision", skipping the "Review of Evidence" step

6/22/2015 - eBenefits status changes from "Preparation for Decision" to "Pending Decision Approval". VSO states in email that my unofficial rating is 60%

6/26/2015 - eBenefits shows "Completed" in status

I kept a journal of this whole process to share with Sen Ayotte when it was completed.......

I guess NH moves faster than other states, who knew. Still, I'm not out of the woods yet, like I always say; "If it ain't on paper, it never happened". So here I sit, on pins and needles waiting for the final approval, but somehow I think that will be in the next day or two......

Best to all,

Ron

Edited to add close date

Edited by RonS

Congratulations and thank you for your service.

GP

Congrats

Remember that this is just the beginning and this is a great start....you can do a notice of Agreement and fight for the rest of it...rootbeer22....good luck...

Congratulations!!! Nice beginning. Hope you get the treatment that you need now.

Eric

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use