Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Audiogram Hearing Test!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What would this test show from a board certified otolaryngology MD & State certified License Audiologist. (IN PART)

Audiogram was obtained showed his best hearing at 80 decibels on the right side at 1000 hertz, and 90 decibels on the left side at 1000 hertz.

his hearing, his hearing at lower and higher frequencies was around 110 decibels on the right and he showed no hearing on the left side at a the higher and lower decibels.

His Tympanograms are normal on both sides, His speech reception thresholds are at 95 decibels on the right side and 100 decibels on the left side.

His Maryland CNC word discrimination score was at 0% at 95 decibels and at 44% on the right side with 105 decibels and 40% on the left at 105 decibels.

Anyone have any Idea what this means or how to read this? and what is your impression of this test??

Hadit elder member

Broncovet had a Vertical and Horzional reading chart here a few weeks ago...I can't find it now.

I don't know how to read this chart?

Anybody know how?

Thanks In Advance

....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Very tough to get connected for HL, I'm at 0% crappy hearing and tinnitus. My buddy who was Air Traffic Controller is practically deaf wears hearing aids and only recently I helped reopen for Tinnitus. You probably reopen with an outside Audio exam submit and N&M evid and get another VAMC exam.

Im rated 50% for hearing loss and 10% for tinnitus.

If he duplicates the numbers via VA testing he will be 70% minimum for hearing loss.

Possibly 80 to 100%

My worst scores were 80 and 85 at various frequencies and my speech discrimination was 44 and 52.

That got me 50%

His scores are far worst

I would file a claim for an increase and let him go thru a C & P with the VA and then post the results on here and we can tell you what he should get. I would think that if he were to go to 70% they would give him TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes were asking for increase. the test shows his hearing is a lot worse.

He filed June 24th waiting to hear from them.

Killemall & stillhere you guys should go get your hearing check at VAMC if your 50% and your hearing has got worse you possibly could be rated 60/70% possibly 90% and if you can't work because of your bad hearing loss then they should award you TDIU pays at 100%

Because at 50% 70% hearing loss that's a severe hearing loss as well.

If you have noise induced hearing loss and its service connected...

I'd sure go take another hearing test if I was you.

usually your hearing will only get worse that's & unfortunate, & you should be compensated for it guys!

...jmo

...................Buck

Edited by Buck52