Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gathering Of Evidence Requested Documents Are Past Due Development Letter Sent

Rate this question

BMor711

Question

Greetings to all.

I am an employee at a VA Med Center... who's production has decreased due to multiple medical conditions... I have submitted a fully developed claim. On ebennie is says this:

Status of Your Claim

GATHERING OF EVIDENCE

• Submitted: 04/21/2015 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: 02/21/2016 - 08/27/2016

The time it takes to complete you claim depends on factors like the type of claim and the type of disability claimed.

The estimated dates are based on a statistical analysis of historical processing times for similar claims. Some things you should know:

• Historical data may not accurately predict current conditions. Your claim may take longer.
    • Dates may change as the statistical analysis is updated.
    • Some claims will take longer than the range of dates given as they are based on an average.

Submitting the supporting documentation that has been requested quickly and electronically is the surest way to get your claim decided as quickly as possible.

• Disabilities Claimed: major depressive disorder secondary to bilateral knee condition (New), headache condition (New), adjustment disorder (New), pseudoarthritis with sacralization of L5 (New), right foot plantar fasciitis (New)
  • Representative for VA Claims: DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
  • Current Status: Gathering of Evidence

It also says this...

Submitted Type Status Updates Actions 04/21/2015 Compensation Gathering Of Evidence
  • Requested Documents are Past Due
  • Development Letter Sent

Upload Documents

View Documents

On the Unsolicited Evidence page it says this:

What We Have Received from You (unsolicited)

You submitted the following unsolicited items that may or may not be required to expedite the processing of your claim.

Description Received VA 21-526EZ, Fully Developed Claim (Compensation) 04/21/2015 Copy of VA Problem List from VAMC 04/21/2015 Copy of DAV informal claim transmittal letter date stamped 5-30-14. 04/21/2015 Copy of STRs from the veteran. 04/21/2015 Copy of STRs from the veteran. 04/21/2015

Can someone tell me what it all means... and BASED UPON YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXPERIENCE... is that an accurate ESTIMATION DATE (Estimated Completion: 02/21/2016 - 08/27/2016)?

Also... based upon my current rating of 60% combined for my knees... and the information I've provided here... what are the chances I'll get all the way to 100% service connected... and what information do I need to get a medical retirement from the VA? Please advise... and thank you in advance... :smile:

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

My claim says the same thing bud, just means that either Ebenefits is not up to date, or evidence that the RO asked for from the VA or outside source has not been received yet. There is nothing that we have to do, but just sit back and wait. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

With mine, when it said that it was after my C&P exams, but before the contractor uploaded them. The contractor had broken the suspense, It showed received at the same time a note was added on myhealthyvet saying the C&P was uploaded. They also had another one pop up about a review then that cleared as no longer required. They may use this for other internal suspenses as well, but that's what it was for mine a couple months ago.

I know that in my claim, eBenefits states that it's waiting for documents with a suspense date.

The only item that is needed & requested by VA was my C&P exam. So yes, we have no idea

what documents they are looking for, unless they requested something from the veteran.

Life is GOOD!!!! Could be better if VA did what it is paid to do.

100% - P&T - Heart [iCD] *

80% - Renal Dysfunction**

40% - Type 1 Diabetic [Not AO related]

10% - GERDS

0% - Gallbladder Removal [Currently under appeal]

0% - SCARS

0% - Hypertension [downgraded with 100% Heart]

SMC(K-1) - ED

SMC(S-1) - * & **

The system is so confusing.

Often a veteran submits information along the way.

The information is uploaded to ebenefits; however you to send the same medical documentation at a later date.

I thought the whole purpose of uploading information was for the Rating Officers to have access to all the information in one place.

Either the information ain't getting uploaded or the RO's ain't looking very hard for the information.

Come on VA, get it together.......................

I have a request for my C-File ongoing at the moment, Ebenefits reads the same thing, when in fact there is nothing from me that they could be requesting. It could be one of two things. 1) ebennies is messed up or 2) they have requested files from someone within the VA and havent gotten them yet. Hang in there.

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

I agree you can not trust ebenefits, but I would not let this one lie.

According to what you posted, your claim is "held up" because you did not send in some documents:

• Requested Documents are Past Due
  • Development Letter Sent

My advice is for you to read over again, any letters VA sent you asking for information, or a release of information. You have to comply or you will be denied. If you did not get a "development letter", ask your VSO for a copy, or send an IRIS email asking VA what they need. VA denies claims all the time because they dont have evidence, so dont let yours be one of those.