Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Dd-214?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone know if the last country you served in is the only country stated on your DD 214?

or should they be all country's you served in but not the USA.

Example,

A Veteran finished basic training and goes on to his AIT school for his MOS, and then he gets orders for Germany & Spends about a year there and then gets deployed to Vietnam......spends over a year there, veteran has about 6 months left of Active Duty and President Nixon signs a order for early out called ''phase down release program'' (area of time 1969 thru 1975 I believe for the troops in VietNam.....but other country's may qualify? not sure on that?

Veteran gets out with Honorable Discharge and on his DD-214 It only shows his time in service and only list his time spent in RVN.

Is both country's supposed to be on his DD-214? if so how would he get this corrected?

Thanks in Advance.

.................................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Talon,

Was it a "Bavarian Barking Spider"? Lol. We have Copperheads here, too. Saw one in the creek 50 yds from the house, the other year. Got a Garter snake, too, keeps all them noisy crickets away by eating them. Fortunately the Eastern Diamondback is not common in my area of PA.

My DD-214 only reflects the duty station I EAS'd from.

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman73,

This is what concerns me, what if you needed to prove you were in some other country while in the military doing active duty for a claim or to show your grandchildren you was there ect,,,ect,,??

............................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Bump ....Bump

Buck

In my first post i was wondering if your RVn status was listed as....

in the "Remarks Column"?

Something along the lines of

"Served in Vietnamm after 5 Aug 64"

'Served in Vietname : DATE - DATE"

I am not 100% sure But i believe that combat deployments are listed on DD214 because they are of importance to your record while overseas duty stations are not.

However from other DD214's of the same period i have seen "USAEUR Germany DATE-DATE".

There is a process to ammend your records. You will need to submit a DD FORM 149 APPLICATION FOR CORRECTION OF MILITARY RECORDS. These are located at the National Archives site here.

However you will need to provide evidence that you were in those locations at that time.

I would contact old buddies, CO's, 1st Sergeants etc. whoever you can have them sign sworn declarations (you can find those on the net.) and use that in conjunction with unit reports. As mentioned above any pay slips, TDY paperwork, commendations or rank attainment or any record at all that you have including medical records that show you were there at that time.

To get unit reports....

Go to the National Archives site located here and you will have to request them. Problem is that anything from 1960-74 is non archival, that means that the National Archives does not have them, the military does. So you will have to request them via the SF 180 located there and mail/fax them to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis.

You can call this number for help with corrections : 1800 318 5298

I fyou are close to St. Louis you can actually view them in person as the veteran yourself. the visiting hours, and other info on in person visits is located here

ive been dealing with these folks as well as I am trying to get my DD214 to reflect my rank, which was awarded AFTER i had finished my DD214 review before i left active duty as well as a Unit Commendation we were awarded for the Battle of Fallujah i found out about later. Not big things so i have been pretty turtle ish on it myself.

I am also seeking unit records from the IED blast i was in, however that is very hard since they are very recent and still classified. so thats been a process akin to glacial movement. I wish you better luck

Edited by USMC_VET

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

The deployments should be in your service records, but they are not on my 214. All medals (which could be used to prove participation) are on the 214. I blanked out everything personally identifiable and have no problem posting it, but never figured out how to do it.

On the blue button service information, there is this on mine (I exed out the dates):

‐‐ Deployment Periods Service Begin Date End Date Conflict Location ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐

Air Force xx/xx/xxxx OEF/OIF Kuwait

Air Force xx/xx/xxxx OEF/OIF Afghanistan

Air Force xx/xx/xxxx OEF/OIF Iraq

‐‐ Military/Combat Pay Details Service Begin Date End Date Military Pay Type Location ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐ ‐

Air Force xx/xx/xxxx - xx/xx/xxxx 02

Air Force xx/xx/xxxx - xx/xx/xxxx 01 Kuwait

Air Force xx/xx/xxxx - xx/xx/xxxx 01 Afghanistan

Air Force xx/xx/xxxx - xx/xx/xxxx 01 Iraq

Edited by TALON II FE