VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pfb 0% ... Is That Really Success For The Veteran .

Rate this topic

DocNyger

Hi all, hope everyone is doing great. .. I got a call from the VA ( I'm guessing a rater), who left a message that a decision was made on my claim. I will call tomorrow but I went on ebenny website and I saw PFB granted.. But at zero percent... If that's the case, what good is the award? I'm a little surprised because when I went to the c&p exam for pfb, the doctor was saying this is definitely not light and minor... He actually sad that was bad as he took pictures.. I got a copy of the exam and it was like a change of mind. He stated it was less than 5 percent of the body, ???? Body? I think the face is 5 percent... You normally don't get shaving bumps other places...which equals 0 percent... Any comments or thoughts. ? There were nothing about my other contentions....

Edited by DocNyger

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is "classic" VA protocol. "We are awarding you COMPENSATION for your in service injuries. Enclosed is your first monthly check of $0.00. You can expect a similar check, the rest of your life, as long as we dont decide to reduce you by appealing or asking for an increase. Your VSO WILL explain this to you as he has promised to cooperate with VA. Thank you for your service"

com·pen·sa·tion
ˌkämpənˈsāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.
    "seeking compensation for injuries suffered at work"
    synonyms: recompense, repayment,reimbursement, remuneration, requital,indemnification, indemnity, redress;More
    • the action or process of awarding someone money as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.
      "the compensation of victims"

By the way, if you dont appeal this, you could be hurting on the effective date for the other issues also. A decision becomes final after a year. I have been fighting VA since 2002 on this same issue. I applied for 3 issues, they denied 1, shredded 2. I appealed, they granted "1" issue for 0 percent. I eventually got benefits for the shredded issues, but at an effective date 5 years later. Im still fighting them, 13 years later, but Im not giving up.

Yes.

0% means service connected.

If issue worsens or you accrue another 0%, then 0% + 0% = 10%

My recommendation would be this.

You have one year to file a notice of disagreement VA FORM 21-0958.

First and especially if you have private insurance. Make an appointment with a dermatologist. Have him look at you and then after the appointment get the records. You may even see if he would fill out a DBQ for you. doctors who have never seen you before are somewhat wary of this.

You may want to look at www.imenet.com for a list of full time indpendent medical opinion doctors.

Get the evidence and a ime/imo and then file the NOD with the evidence.

not that 0% is good, but what it does mean is that it is service connected and the VA will pay for treatments for that specific SC.

Edited by USMC_VET

Congrats on the 0% bud, but that is not un common. I have a ton of 0%s for multiple serious conditions of which is 1 is for severe hearing loss in R ear. The key is getting Service Connection after that you can always submit a claim for an increase if you feel it has gotten worse. Good luck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use