Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status

Rate this question

DICK HILL

Question

Today 6 Jul 15, I called the Houston number and was told my claim is in something called "deferred status". Been in this status since 3 Jun 15. I was thinking maybe they want something else from me, but I have not received anything in mail and nothing shows up on Ebennies requesting anything from me. Anyone know what this status might mean? Will appreciate your thoughts. Dick Hill

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Good question. I dont know what benefits you are seeking but I will "speculate" there is some thing going on here, such as:

1. Administrative review.

2. Quality review.

3. Possibly they are waiting on the outcome of a similar case at CAVC before they decide yours, as yours may be a similar issue. Just a few guesses.

Elder, thanks for your response - the benefits I am seeking are increase for Plantar Fasciitis currently rated at 0 percent and increase for degenerative arthritis of lumbar and thoracic spines currently rated at 10 percent. All C&P exams were completed in April 2015 Dick Hill

The VA is beginning to confuse the heck out of me. On 17 Jul 15, I received a letter from the evidence intake center saying I indicated that I had received medical treatment from 4 different doctors and telling me to resign some VA Form 21-4142 because they had expired. On 21 July 2015, I resigned them and sent them back to the evidence intake center. I told the VA the forms are not necessary because I had submitted all relevant medical treatment records (EXCEPT VA TREATMENT RECORDS) as enclosures to my original claim letter dated 10 October 2014. On 21 July 2015, I also resent all treatment records (EXCEPT VA TREATMENT RECORDS) and referenced page numbers in my myhealthevet medical records where to find the VA treatment records. Now today (7 Aug 15) I received a letter from the Private Medical Records Retrieval Center in Virginia Beach VA saying they had sent requests to the doctors who have treated me and that I should contact those doctors and tell them that the treatment records must be at the VA by 21 August 2015. I have sent all treatment records to the VA twice now (Oct 14 and

July 15.

Can someone tell me what else I can do short of flying to Houston and grabbing some nuts, to get the VA's attention telling them there are NO MORE treatment records?

All assistance will be greatly appreciated Dick Hill.

Houston VARO sucks. Not a solution, just insight. I would call Peggy, frequently. It took 6 months and me calling Peggy, for them to look at my Hardship submitted to them. After that, they sent my claim to Soiux Falls VARO to be worked. They are completely behind the curve, even by VA standards. I left probably a dozen messages at Houston, both for the VA and VSR, and I have NEVER received a call back from anyone in that building. I think they are all eating lunch, all day, every day.

The 21-4142s had 'expired" ?????

That is a good one...They probably never sent them out in the first place.

And you have already sent them to VA twice.....

A shell game.

You can file an IRIS complaint. go to www.va.gov and to the Contact US, then click on Ask a Question.

The complaint box is a drop down, click on all the menu things that apply and tell them what you told us here.

I always suggest to ask for an email response because they make stuff up on the phone.

Complaints via IRIS go to VACO as well as to the RO.