Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Time Lines

Rate this question

Fat

Question

How long is your NOD taking to be addressed.

I'm looking for the timelines for the following states:

1.Maryland

2. Virginia

3. North Carolina

4. Delaware

5. Georgia

6.Alabama

7. Tennessee

8.Florida

9. Nevada

10. California

11. Texas

12. Missouri

All information is welcomed. A fellow veteran in Florida just hit 601 days.

Really depends on what Appeal route is requested. DRO Review is probably the shortest (1to 2 yrs) dependent on the quality of Compelling New & Material Evidence, DRO Personal Hearing (3 to 5 years, regardless of the quality of the required N&M Evidence) and finally the direct to BVA 41/2 ++yrs.

The BVA route could be shortened by choosing a Video Hearing over a Travel Board Hearing. The DC Hearing would be the longest wait. With the BVA, there are is always the possibility of a Remand which could add considerable time to the eventual Award or Denial.

Keep in mind, after an initial claim is denied, there is the mandatory VARO Automatic Review of the Denial triggered by the receipt of New & Material Evidence by the VARO Rating Department. There is always a possibility that a Sr Rater or actual DRO will review the Vet's Denial based on the N&M Evidence and either Award or continue the Denial. If the Denial is continued, the Vet will receive a Supplemental Statement of Case.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Los Angeles R.O. - NOD filed 12 months ago, along with election of DRO process. This is a single contention claim, with a single additional piece of evidence submitted (An IMO/Nexus Statement). Currently rated 70%-not service connected. Claims simply don't get any easier than mine in terms of review. I simply need the DRO to open it. Waiting is so stressful!!!

Edited by bluevet

Fat & bluevet, Gastone information is the best I know of to date if you're trying to determine a timeline. VA does not abide by any timeline while processing claims but from experience and comments of others you can develop a pretty good timeline.

My NOD filed January 2013 at Houston asking for DRO review at same time and supplying New & Material Evidence finished March 2015 approx. 820 days or 2 yrs and 3 months. Waiting is stressful and checking status on E-benefits drives you insane so find a hobby that you enjoy until you win.

Fat & bluevet, Gastone information is the best I know of to date if you're trying to determine a timeline. VA does not abide by any timeline while processing claims but from experience and comments of others you can develop a pretty good timeline.

My NOD filed January 2013 at Houston asking for DRO review at same time and supplying New & Material Evidence finished March 2015 approx. 820 days or 2 yrs and 3 months. Waiting is stressful and checking status on E-benefits drives you insane so find a hobby that you enjoy until you win.

I don't see any problem with Fat's question. If he gets many responses over time, it may give us an overall picture of how each R.O. is performing with appeals. This information is not available anywhere. The weekly performance reports only include aggregate data for appeals, not broken down by R.O.s.