Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Time Lines

Rate this question

Fat

Question

How long is your NOD taking to be addressed.

I'm looking for the timelines for the following states:

1.Maryland

2. Virginia

3. North Carolina

4. Delaware

5. Georgia

6.Alabama

7. Tennessee

8.Florida

9. Nevada

10. California

11. Texas

12. Missouri

All information is welcomed. A fellow veteran in Florida just hit 601 days.

Thanks guys..................

On the phone with the VA 1-800 number, the rep told me that the average processing time for a DRO review at the Los Angeles office is 633 days.

Also Houston RO w/DRO election. Filed NOD Dec 2014, 8 items, had two C&Ps June 2015 and case is still pending. I'm in the initial stages and was surprised to already have exams.

Buffalo NY: 239 days, target is 182 days...per the director below:.

By October 2015 my NOD will be pending for 3 years.

By the way, upon my recent IG Hotline complaint that a senior VA official , I named this director, had manipulated Data ( My NOD date in her email below)

I just got a VA letter to my husband hours ago , that my October 2012 NOD date has been restored.

Of course he has been dead for over 20 years so now I have to find away for him, to reply to them in 30 days.

"In April 2015, you informed me that you wanted the letters that you sent to our office in October 2012 and January 2013 to be accepted as a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) with our January 17, 2012 decision. We have accepted these letters as a Notice of Disagreement regarding our January 2012 decision. The NOD was established on April 13, 2015 with a date of claim of October 28, 2012. (source July 17,2015 email from Buffalo VARO)

Currently, we are processing NODs in 239 days which exceeds our target of 182 days. I will contact our Appeals Team to determine the status of your NOD and will advise you on Monday, July 20th.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this information.

Thank you.

Donna

Donna Mallia

Director, Buffalo Regional Office

716-857-3450"

And we can use this invaluable information on how long we will be contemplating our navels awaiting a DRO review for.... what, exactly? I'm at twenty one years, three trips to the CAVC, three BVA appeals and no longer counting. It's far too depressing to sit around xing off days on a calendar. Focus on family or a hobby. In the time it takes, you can become proficient in VA law.