Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need Help With This Claim

Rate this question

allan1351

Question

Goodmorning all. USMC,Viet-Nam. I need some honest help so here I am fellow Vets and Family.....I was awarded 50% PTSD on May 14,2015.I felt the va low balled me so I went to the Reg Office in St Pete,FL and met with a Va Rep. this rep told me to file for TDIU gave me the paperwork and told me to bring it back. Well I did and this time had a diff rep.he looked at the paperwork and my file.first thing he said was.....you can't do this....I told him just yesterday the lady told me to. He told me he would be right back. He went and talk to that rep came back and said o'well I guess you can...and filed the paperwork......I came back aweek later just to check my case and had another diff rep...This one looked at my file online and said no you cant do this........She has me fill out paperwork for increase in %...So now I am at a total loss on what to do......I went back yesterday and she told me to just wait until everything settles.... I would greatly appreciate any help......thank you kindly...Allan

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you working? If you are unable to work due solely to your SC disability then you are eligible to file for TDIU. Usually, if you are eligible for TDIU the VA will bump you up to at least to 70%. Just keep copies of all the claims you file. Filing for TDIU is a claim for an increase. If you are working 40 hours then getting TDIU is not really possible unless you earn less than poverty level. Just keep checking on your TDIU claim. If you get denied be sure to file a NOD within one year.

Yep John is right.

My husband ( USMC Vietnam) went from 30 % PTSD to 100% PTSD P & T.

They ignored his TDIU app and also his SSDI PTSD award. Long story.

He never lived to see the 100% PTSD award or any other awards he got.

If you get SSDI solely for PTSD or Voc Rehab has turned you down, by documenting that your SC hinders your Voc Rehab chances, that is good evidence for TDIU ,paid at the 100% rate.

File for TDIU if you fit into what John said.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks John

After I got the decision letter I noticed the pension forms I had filled out were not included in the Evidence used to decide my claim. In those forms I stated I haven't worked for years. I do truly appreciate any help I get....Grunt Allan

That place sounds like a circus; I'd consider going with a different VSO group.

Good luck! :smile:

These are Va reps...not VSO.