Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Expect?

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Curious as to what its like at a hearing and the do's and don't? I think knowing its closer and its killing my anxiety wifes no fan of who I become,me with the obsessing over the Hearing the constant feeling that its going to end badly.

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well if its a DRO Hearing at your RO it could be a good thing, its you and the DRO face to face and its your time to tell them your story and explain things that you need explaining and take any medical evidence with you that the DRO don't have usually from a IMO or IME & buddy statements sign statements from friends /family.

When you go in they just take you to this meeting room with a long table and chairs and microphones at each chair, you will either have a formal hearing or informal hearing the DRO will ask you.

The DRO First walks in introduces himself you meet him tell him your name shake hands ect,,ect,, the DRO will tell you how the hearing is conducted ,you decide what type hearing you want, and just go from there, if you get a pro veteran DRO then everything will be fine, if you get a hard nose DRO just answer his questions politely and state your case, and hope for the best just relax and don't be nervous and always be truthful

just remember this DRO CAN CHANGE THINGS AROUND FOR YOU.

A DRO Hearing is usually a good thing and a DRO has the right to approve/grant your claim right then and there but he has to expedite it takes about 2 or 3 weeks.

I was like you before I had my DRO Hearing but after it was all over I was so surprised has how easy it actually was.

Now if you get a video Hearing via Video hearing I know nothing about those!

Just relax state your case the best you can & go over a few major details (all your ducks in a row) with your wife the night before the hearing you will do ok.

Its always best to have our claims solved at the RO level that going on to the BVA CAVC

...................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

post-12407-0-62920400-1437062747_thumb.pIts a face to face at my Regional Office with my attorney. Its on to issues he said one being the CUE issue and secondly if the recall of my vehicle IE GM ignition switch recall with the settlements as enough to reopen my claim as new and material evidence. I can't remember if he can only say yes to reopen the claim and so the appeal starts or if the DRO can grant the new evidence and make a decision on the spot.

Edited by jfrei

Good luck and you should have nothing to worry about. I always say that Evidence is Evidence is Evidence, and it speaks for itself. I have filed 4 FDCs in the last 2 years with over 30 C&P exams, and most were horrible feeling, yet 90% were granted. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars