Office of Central Operations
1500 Woodlawn Drive
Baltimore, Maryland 21241-1500
Date: March 1, 2004
Claim Number: xxx-xx-xxxxHA

Matthew Claimant
123 Claimant Lane
Somewhere, NC 28996

Your are entitled to monthly disability benefits beginning June 2003. The Date You Became Disabled.

We found that you became disabled under our rules on December 7, 2002. However, you have to be disabled for 5 full calendar months in a row before you can be entitled to benefits. For these reasons, your first month of entitlement to benefits is June 2003.

What We Will Pay And When

• You will receive $7,356.00 on approximately March 7, 2004.
  • This is the money you are due for June 2003 through February 2004.
  • Your next payment of $1065.00, which is for March 2004, will be received on or about the second Wednesday of April 2004.
  • After that, you will receive $1065.00 on or about the second Wednesday of each month.
  • These and any future payments will go to the financial institution you selected. Please let us know if you change your mailing address so we can send you letters directly.

The day we make payments on this record is based on your date of birth.

Do You Think We Are Wrong?

If you think we are wrong, you have the right to appeal. We will correct any mistakes and will look at any new facts you have. A person who did not make the first decision will decide your case.

• You have 60 days to ask for an appeal.
  • The 60 days start the day after you get this letter.
  • You must have a good reason if you wait more than 60 days to ask for an appeal.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/letter-award-notice.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Sure something to think long and hard about before opt out of Medicare part B.

Like PR says its a small price to pay to have a choice.

My spouse is age 60 be 61 in Sept and just recently filed for SSDI back in April 17th of this yea, so she will be 61 when she is approved (hopefully) but for now she has a supplemental that is cheaper than part B but when she turns 65 or the two yea wait is up and SSD says she can file for Medicare part B..

So were not so sure will will take it(part B) because the supplemental is cheaper than part B.

So ChampVA Is her primary only until she reached the age 65..then were going to take the Part B as I understand it it will be her primary and ChamVA Will be secondary.

I think this correct? will know more when that day arrives.

..............Buck

Edited by Buck52

PR & others, I understand the consequences of I will have to pay a 10% premium penalty per every 12 months, I am off Medicare Part B. I am single, unmarried, no dependents. I only use the VA and have had no problems. Everything at my local VA (Bedford, MA) has met my needs including dental.

I understand if I was married then the scenarios may change but for right now, I don't see any benefit for ME, MY situation at this time. I'm not saying you all dont make valid points for the future.

What do I need to do to remove myself?