• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean? Ptsd?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to VAMC today at MH,

seen my Dr...She ask me if I wantd to see a therapist? to possible get better..I said Idon't know but yeah I'd like to get better, she told me to think about it and in the mean time she wants me to see a social worker someone to talk to about things? to maybe help me cope?

I also went & talked to my social worker today and he said I should file a claim to get SC???

heres what I found out via my records today

I went down and got my records.

Anyone know what theses Numbers/Letters mean?

DSM IV PTSD Criteria B is met

DSM IV PTSD Criteria C is met

DSM IV PTSD Criteria D IS met

This is all new to me I understand what the DSM means but not the criteria? B.C.D? Where's A?

Also what is this?

PHQ 9-17 Moderate Severe Depression?

IS THIS FOR RATING PURPOSES OR THE DEGREE OF THE DISABILITY? OR THE SYMTOMS?

BAI-34

PCLM TOTAL 61 ??? <WHATS THAT?/

If this is enough to file for SC?

I Know I will have to prove this is from the military & I can with my service records , also my records indicated a Dr Diagnosed me with Server Depression back in 1999 from my old Bif Spring Tx VAMC Doc...which I never knew about?

the kicker here is the depression was diagnosed before I filed the claim for TDIU THIS WAS IN 2002 nothing was mention in the TDIU claim about the Depression at the Big Spring VAMC?

I Just never thought about filing a SC claim for this because I am RATED 90%Combined and extra scheduler pushed me up to being paid at the 100% rate TDIU P&T since 2002

BUT if I die from it and its SC Then my spouse can file DIC?

I discussed this with my social worker. HE BASICALLY SAID ITS UP TO ME.

Any suggestions? from anybody??

Much Thanks

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

knap sack thanks

Yes I have some stressors

As for as using a VSO Nah I used them before and found the ones I did use were useless as tits on a boar hog.

I do my claims myself with help from hadit members, I found it actually speeds up the process and usually great results.

If I have an Appeal and its complicated then maybe I will seek an Attorney.

......................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Dont get me wrong buck I take care of all my claims. I gather evidence and then gather all the information to submit claim. Before I send it I go to my county vso and run it by him. I cover all my bases and turn over ever rock. Buck hadit has gave me priceless info but I get confused on here and I have been left hanging not knowing what to do next. The symptoms kick in real hard when I deal with navy and va documentation. I end up not doing anything unless I get focused on one task at a time. I have a nod in right now which I need to file a que with and I got additional documentation that took two years to get. I am stuck on the que I dont know what to do. Every time I start working on. It in my head my anxiety goes into redline and have to get away from it.

Ask to see psychologist Buck give them your symptoms and tell them what stressors may be causing symptoms

This causes me anxiety coming here Buck. But I do it to try and help veterans with ptsd.

• HadIt.com Elder

knapsack

on your NOD or your Cue Claim any denial that you may get

just post your reasons and bases on here and ask your questions about your claim's to any elder hadit member and follow there advise they maybe more than one member to help and different opinions, if your not sure just check in the CFR's and read about your conditions as to how the VA wants things pertaining to there criteria

I don't believe any elder hadit members will tell you anything that's not true.

if you don't understand what they mean just ask them to explain it better for you..they usually will.

sometimes its best to take a break from your claim and take the family out go fishing or some type of relaxation man thing is just try to relax and take some stress off your shoulders.

jmo

.................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know what this could be SC for ( without C&P exam?) still waiting for that.

VA Dr's Impression

''10 page full typed of this impression''

Heres what it says at the end

DSM-5 Diagnoses:

PTSD Unspecified Depressive Disorder'' ??

...................Buck