VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help! Va Requesting All Dr Records In 15 Days!?!

Rate this question

spearhead91

Question

Hello all,

We came home this afternoon and received a VA letter stating I needed to provide all medical records within 15 days of the letter dated 2 days ago 07/21. It is now evening of 07/23. Does this sound correct? I scrubbed all the names etc and left the basics. My major problem is they left off my main DR for my service connection major point. And another two DR's were not on the list. I have copies all my important exams and MRI's in digital form so I'm good there. This just seems very odd.

How or what do I do here? Attaching the from I received. My VSO has not contacted me at all about any of this.

spearhead91

post-19806-0-68723700-1437695830_thumb.j

Appears that whatever Hospital or Dr that had your records hasn't sent them to the VA. Like the letter says, it's your responsibility to get the needed records to support your claim, into the VA.

Time for you to make copies, get copies, whatever. US Mail, Certified Return Receipt to the VA. DIY, don't rely on your VSO.. It's your claim and your DENIAL if those records don't get delivered.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Sorry to hear of the quick letter bud, but that is how the VA works. As stated above just take your time, break down the conditions, Docs and Meds. It is better for you to Over Send then not enough. Good luck and keep us posted

I don't like the fact and for the life of me one DR is not on that list and I don't remember giving that name to the VSO rep or not. It's the same office just different DR. So will they even take in all what I send or not? I have MRI's on CD's etc that are critical. Along with current diagnosis of two main issues. Perplexed. But I do understand what you are saying..Certified return mail and copies copies copies. And focus and send.

Now I may have to take a day off of work tomorrow to put his altogether. I should just send them copy of my USB stick that has it all on it. :)

Why a day off work? Take all your "Paper Evidence" to an office supply or Kinko's to get copied this Saturday. What, maybe 20 min of copying, right. Then off to USPO, right.

If you have your Sxxx in 1 bag, no reason for this to be an all day affair. On the other hand, good luck if you don't have all your Ducks in a row. This appears to be your first SC Claims contact with the VA, most of us have had to learn the hard way, it's all on you. Relying on anyone else can be a costly mistake, resulting in a SC Denial. You can trust (Maybe) but you absolutely have to verify everything done on your behalf, by a 2nd party, VSO or attorney.

Time toGet Busy!

Semper Fi

Gastone