Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Done By My Dr. ( Need Help....) On Rom Degrees

Rate this question

Vet2015

Question

I have a rating of 40% for degenerative bone Disease in my elbow they trying to change to 10% . I Did a C&p from my physician also yesterday to take to my hearing. on the ROM for Flexion he check the box "Not indicated" and on Extension he wrote 160 degrees, forearm Supination he checked "not able to perform", forearm pronation he wrote" minimal"..... Is this good or bad. Thanks

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know absolutely nothing about De-generative Bone Disease but it doesn't sound like a condition that can improve over time. As far as the ROM measurements, they are what they are. The examiner is not suppose to force or cause pain trying to increase your ROM. How long have you been 40%? If your under 55yrs and your SC condition is the type that can improve with time, the VA "Diary Dates" your C-file for a Re-Exam in 2 to 5 years. If your condition worsens, it's on you to file for an increase.

As to the stated proposed SC reduction to 10% from 40%, have you had a VA Reduction C & P? Is your current 40% a Bi-lateral Rating? It's your body, has your SC condition actually improved? If recollection serves, I believe you can only be reduced to the next SC rating below your current 40%, if there is substantial medical evidence indicating permanent improvement.

If you get an actual VA notification of SC Reduction. you have 60 Days to NOD it. The kicker is, you must send "New & Material Medical Evidence" in with the NOD. If you do this, your monthly comp will remain the same until the NOD is decided.

Semper Fi

Gastone

flexion 25-115 was this after her pulling it out for you or you moving

it your self. This is your problem 25-115 normal is 145.

Can you get another exam she cant pull on you I would ask for another exam

Edited by RUREADY

I know absolutely nothing about De-generative Bone Disease but it doesn't sound like a condition that can improve over time. As far as the ROM measurements, they are what they are. The examiner is not suppose to force or cause pain trying to increase your ROM. How long have you been 40%? If your under 55yrs and your SC condition is the type that can improve with time, the VA "Diary Dates" your C-file for a Re-Exam in 2 to 5 years. If your condition worsens, it's on you to file for an increase.

As to the stated proposed SC reduction to 10% from 40%, have you had a VA Reduction C & P? Is your current 40% a Bi-lateral Rating? It's your body, has your SC condition actually improved? If recollection serves, I believe you can only be reduced to the next SC rating below your current 40%, if there is substantial medical evidence indicating permanent improvement.

If you get an actual VA notification of SC Reduction. you have 60 Days to NOD it. The kicker is, you must send "New & Material Medical Evidence" in with the NOD. If you do this, your monthly comp will remain the same until the NOD is decided.

Semper Fi

Gastone

That was my C&p for reduction. I had the 40% rating for 1 year then they sent me a letter for as they put it "an increase"!!! After my va c&p they sent me a proposal to reduce from 40% to 10%. I filed to have a hearing in Atlanta and they are in the process of scheduling a date for that hearing.

Do you have the policy on that rating decrease to next lower level only?

flexion 25-115 was this after her pulling it out for you or you moving

it your self. This is your problem 25-115 normal is 145.

Can you get another exam she cant pull on you I would ask for another exam

That was after she pulled and pushed my elbow past my stopping point.....