Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got This Email From Iris Today, Ridiculous

Rate this question

wingnut73

Question

Note the Date

Recently you requested assistance from VA. Below is our response.

Response By Email (Dept of Veterans Affairs) (07/27/2015 12:27 PM)
Dear Mr. Morrison:

This is in response to your inquiry (150427-000215 ) to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated April 27, 2015.

First, let us express our sincere gratitude toward the service of our Veterans.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. It is our goal to try to response within 5 to 10 days, however, due to the amount of inquiries and the backlog of claims we are currently experiencing, we may not be able to respond within the expected timeframe. We appreciate your continued patience.

We apologize we are unable to provide you with an immediate answer to your concerns, we at the National IRIS Response Center, have forwarded the contents of your message to your station of jurisdiction Louisville Regional Office (RO). They will research this issue further and respond to you directly regarding their findings we do appreciate your patience.

Additionally we encourage that the claimant supply the regional office, processing there claim , all or any related information or evidence in support of a claim that may be in process.

Furthermore the information you supplied in all three inquiries submitted to this IRIS department will be address by your local offices.

Please note; we at the Iris Response Center (IRC) have closed the following duplicate inquiry (ies):
- 150523-000125.
150521-001076
We have provided a response to the questions and concerns raised in your duplicate inquiry (ies) with this response.

We hope this response covers the scope of your request .Please note if additional help with the information in our reply is needed, please respond to this message and clarify any concerns. You may also contact us at the toll-free number listed below.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely yours,

C. Boyd
National IRIS Response Center Manager
rcr

How to Contact VA:

On line:
www.va.gov
www.ebenefits.va.gov

By phone:
(800) 827-1000
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) 711

By fax: (ten pages or less)
(844) 531-7818 (toll-free)
(248) 524-4260 (local)

Please note: packages containing more than ten pages of documents must be submitted by mail.

When submitting claims:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Claims Intake Center
PO Box 5235
Newnan, GA 30271-0020

When submitting evidence or anything other than a claim:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Evidence Intake Center
PO Box 4444
Newnan, GA 30271

[---001:0

If you think that is ridiculous, try this on for size. Here is the meat of my latest Iris response.

Your appeal will be reviewed under the appeals process. Right now, your appeal is awaiting that review. If we need additional information, we will contact you. If we don’t need any additional information, a decision will be made and you will receive written notification.

The processing of Notice of Disagreements average about 230 days.

The length of time it takes to process your NOD depends on the specifics of your case and the VA’s pending workload.

The timeframes provided are an average or estimated number of days for processing. Unfortunately, the Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS) Department is unable to advise you what month and year for appeals the Louisville Regional Office (RO) is currently processing or provide additional information on how much longer before your appeal will be complete.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

I am currently at 340 days with no response from Louisville, way past that 230 days timeframe. Yes I feel your pain and then some. This appeal has been going on for over a decade back and forth and VA still can't get it right. VA granted me 100% while this appeal set and set and set. Several years ago VA tried to fix it but I got caught between BVA and Louisville. Hopefully Louisville will get it right this time so I can move on.

Why is Louisville ignoring their Iris request and why is the National Iris Center responding to our Irises? The NIC were supposed to forward our request to our local VARO and the local VARO just ignore us.

Edited by pete992

We are both being handled by Louisville ! Imagine that

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

They should have just told you to hurry up and wait. At least they would be honest.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Chain of Command? Central Office? Wow guys, this sux bad ... Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

If you call or ask IRIS again or just repeat your question (same question) you will get a different answer!

try it!

JMO

......................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!