• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seen Phyisatrist Today

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I seen one of my Registered Physiatrist today at my VAMC,

she changed up the way I take my meds!

I was taking 1 one of this particular med she increased it to take two, and I was taking 2 of another med and she increased it to 3 the depression med.

anyway she talked to me for about 45min or so and then she ask me if I was going to file a claim?

I said I don't know never thought about it but since you mention it I will certainly think about it my spouse lost her Job and all we got coming in is what I get,

she look on the computer and said I see your 100% TDIU I said yes mam, and I said but we sure could use the extra$$ ...that was it then I left.

Now why would she ask me that?

I did notice when I walked into her office she had degrees and Awards certified certification's hung all over her wall probably about 14 or 16 or so

anyone have any clues as to why she ask me if I was going to file a claim?

Thanks

..................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck, sorry to hear of your issues bud, but as most on here know my story, I was put thru a Hell of a Ride, when I filed my last FDC in Nov 2014 while I was 100% VA already. My claim sat at Prep for Decision for over 2 months, then the VA came after me with everything they had. Reviewed all of my High %s including PTSD which were not up for Review until Feb 2016. Those Reviews were brutal especially the PTSD. Now in my case, it back fired in the VA's face, but it still was a tough process none the less. Good luck and keep us posted bud, only you can decide what is best for your family.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• HadIt.com Elder

That good Navy04

that you finally won.

I don't think they can bother my 90%combined TDIU P& T for severe hearing loss and tinnitus since I had it now over 13 years but ya never know what them suckers is up to.

I can't make up my mind which way to file on this claim??

I need to get it filed one way or the other

Somehow my guy instinct tells me to file PTSD caused be Depression or Depression caused by PTSD,or file it as a separate FDC?

I know I need to get it file as soon as I can missing out on EED.

But I figured it will be denied for some rink-dink reason

Ms Berta recommends file ptsd caused by the moderate to severe depression.

Anybody else care to comment/suggestions/opinions? there sure welcome my friends!

................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

do you have to diagnose it...??...

let them have at it, they can only use 1 to rate you...and they are required to use the 1 that gives the highest rating

just use both as original, no need to claim secondary, the RO should sort it out

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I been diagnosed for PTSD by the VA Dr's for PTSD and Moderate Severe Depression with 3 out 4 criteria's of PTSD Met.

and something called Unspecific Depressive Disorders.

...................Buck

• Founder

buck - my guess is the doc realized your symptoms would warrant compensation and did not read your file and notice that you were already a 100%, if she had read that first she probably wouldn't have said anything.

that being said, since you already being paid and the 100% rate and are rated P and T I'm not sure what if any money would come from this. i'll be interested in seeing what the community says on this.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.