Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good News Originally, Va Bs Screw Ups

Rate this topic

KansasNavy

Hello all, this is probably in the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to put it, but thought I would let you know what happened in the hopes, others will read this and not make the same mistake I did. Two months ago I was awarded 90% and am so thrilled. Even received my official letter making it official. I was told it would go to DFAS for an audit since I am a retiree so I naively assumed that the VA do their job and send the letter etc... to DFAS so they could process the audit. I left them alone for two months because that's what I was told it normally takes.

I called DFAS today (Overseas so I had to call middle of the night) and the lady was very nice but said they don't have any record of it, and that the VA never sent the letter. I was kindof in shock... cant believe they screw up everything. So I then tried to call the VA 800 number. An hour plus wait, only to be told they will look into it... Didn't get anywhere with them... Now I have to wait another two months or more after they finally send the info to DFAS...

My advice after you get your award (for retirees) percentage is to call the VA and hound them on a daily basis until they submit their paperwork to DFAS and then do the same to DFAS.

Frustrated as hell with the Boobs at the VA

I'm not very familiar with DFAS, but it seems like I remember someone saying that they always send the paperwork to DFAS, instead of waiting for VA to do it. If you send a copy of the paperwork, it may speed up the process. Again, I'm not sure about this, but I remember reading something about it.

If you are part of the VA Overseas program, do you have anyone at the State Department there representing you?

CRDP is automatic ( or supposed to be)

CRSC is different.

This sounds like a CRDP snafu. K5one had a good idea, and send it with proof of mailing.SInce you are in a foreign country I think ou might need to contact the State Department unless you have a VA Foreign Medical program contact person.

I had the same issue for my retro. I spoke with DFAS who told me to fax my award letter over (which I did promptly). I also made a follow-up call to DFAS to verify they received the fax then called to verify audit completion; also, I sent IRIS a message the day I faxed my documents over. As a 20-year career HR employee, I know that if you don't like the assistance you're receiving, there is always someone higher up. You have to be a bulldog about these things because the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.

CRDP is not automatic as all of us are expected to believe. VA must initiate action for retiree audit and there is no iron clad 60 days guarantee that DFAS military retiree pay division will process it or work the Veteran audit faster than snail marching down the trail, even if you fax a copy of your rating decision to DFAS. Well, maybe some of us are lucky if the fax lands in the lap of a proactive veteran friendly person who can manipulate the knobs from the inside other than that its a skeet shoot for clay pigeons.

Address: Defense Financing And Accounting Service (DFAS ) Please use this information if you want to send them a fax.

U..S. Military Retirement Pay

P.O. Box 7130

London, KY 40742-7130

Commercial Phone: (216) 522-5955

Toll Free: 1-800-321-1080

Toll Free Fax: 1-800-469-6559

My July 31, 2015 retiree account statement message section online states base on information received from the VA your CRDP amount is XXXXX dollars.

DFAS and talked with a customer friendly lady who advised there's no completion date, RD award letter in file nothing has been done, she could not tell me the received date because it had not been entered by VA folks and gave me the call Peggy at 1-800-827-1000 when I started to laugh, she cracked up in laughter and said it takes 30-60 to complete after VA INITIATES audit. but I don't see a date from them.

I called Peggy and he pointed his long extended VA fingers back at DFAS RETIREE PAY SAYING...we normally finish our audit within 60 days after DFAS sends back our audit request. Hold on wait a minute can it really be true Hadit. Why yes it's true the VA is known for blowing smoke signals that speaks with forked tongue.

I said sir, DFAS said VA should not have withheld any monies so why can't they expedite audit approval and send DFAS retiree pay whatever is needed to complete the audit on retired veterans having a minimum 20 or more years active service.

Peggy then said Duhhh--- I don't know Sir, I've sent that note out for you today and they have 10 business days to reply to you by email. If you don't need anything else Sir you have a good day....Click.......

Okay I'm sure there are smarter retirees on the board than I am. How can we band together and solve the mysterious DFAS AUDIT WITHHOLDING PROCESS WHEN THE RECORDS CLEARLY SHOW THE VETERAN IS RETIRED WITH MORE THAN 20 PLUS YEARS ACTIVE SERVICE. There has to be a better way to stop VA from lying on DFAS retiree payment staff after they enter CRDP into your end of month pay statement. Yeah!--and that's my opinion.

All retiree are welcome to chime in with a simple non-complex solution that will once and for all end the retiree audit process. Hell think about this when it came time to redirect funds from the new Choice Card it happened quicker than making a night jump during daylight hours...just close your eyes and jump through the open door, count to four and. open them when you feel the opening shock of your chute.

Jumpmaster

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use