• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Members Opinion Needed!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello,

As most you guys know I was recently diagnosed with PTSD and Moderately Severe Depression by the VA in June 2015...code 9411 not sure on this rating?

also Unspecific Depression disorders code for that is 9435...which for the rating I would ask for that suites my symptom's would be 70% I understand there suppose to award/rate the highest of the two!

My dilemma is I cant make up my mind rather to file a claim or not, I am getting TDIU P&T on a combined rating of 90% for servere hearing loss/tinnitus, been that way now for almost 14 consecutive years. (paid at the 100%rate) Iam well over over 55..actually 63

IF I get a 70%rating with PTSD this would qualify for SMS's House Bound &some extra income If I win the claim and it sure would help out.

I just don't know what to do.? need suggestions and opinions & I do know it all boils down to my choice I realize that but just needed some suggestion as what maybe you guys would do if you were in my shoes?

If I decide to file I need to file as this as a new claim correct? not an increase claim or FDC claim.

I can't file it as FDC because I need some STR's and more Service Records to prove some stressors, as evidence this PTSD is because of my Military Service From RVN. years later.

The VA social Worker says this can happen to Veterans years later , as same as what my MH doc said & she a license BOARD CERTIFIED VA Physiatrist.

Matter fact the physiatrist ask me if I was going to file a claim? I told her I don't know yet?

So as my friends & experience members with compensation claim here on hadit (in your opinion or advice) do you have any suggestion as to rather or not I should file a New Claim with this and just hope for the best?

I trust everyone here on Hadit especially the elder members such as Ms Berta, Jbasser, Jerrel Cook, asknod, Ms tbird, Carlie, Phillip Rogers, Georgiapapa , broncovet, Pete 53, Pete 992, Chuck 75 John999,Gastone,and other hdit members as well.

Thanks you all for your support and your valuable Advice.

I'm at loss right now and can't think very well....and just need a little help on this matter, as my spouse wanted me to ask on here, as she too trust all the hadit members vs any VSO or Vet Center, or any other Veterans organization.

We both Appreciate you guys!

..........Buck & Ms Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

Turning red like you mention could very well be cardio problems or circulatory system not right? Ask the MH Dr? you could have some type of heart problem? or it could be stress? STRESS CAUSING HEART PROBLEMS they can refer you to the correct Doc. get it check out Buddy!

And I understand about what you mention your Daughter mention ''oh daddy you don't have any friends'' ''the cutting edge of those words'' I can relate my friend.

jmo

..................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know what claims form would be good to file this PTSD Claim?

Not sure I need to file it as a FDC? It's probably the fastest way.

but I want to make sure I use the correct forms VA is getting picky these days and I heard if you file the wrong forms they will reject the claim.

I'm thinking the 21-526 ez but it could be the 21-526 (b)???

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Probably the fastest way is through the ebenefits premium account.

Unless they changed things you need only file ONE 21-526, not one for each issue.

The intent to file, now required, is form 21-0966 and this can be downloaded and you can even fill it in then print it and mail it to one of the data centers.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks broncovet,

I am not that familiar with the e-benefits account although I have a premium account..so for the only thing I know how to do is look up appointments and read my progress notes,

not sure how to download forms and such....but I can find them on my big office computer here at home have the printer hook up to that one, normally I'm just on my laptop.

could I just down load the 21 526 and fill it out and mail it to the west return center? (with return receipt of course)...I know e-benefits would be cheaper but I need to learn how to navigate in it.

Thanks Buddy

...............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember Dr Bash or Attorney John Walsh mention on a hadit radio show one time he said the 21-526 (b) would cover everything..not sure what he meant? but I am thinking other contentions claims as well as the ptsd

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Buck,

I mentioned the red ears to the doc, and he said it most likely is a response to elevated stress, like getting flushed in the face, and such. He said we'll be looking into that. Also mentioned night sweats, and he said it could be many reasons. I said I've told my PCP about them several times, and he wasn't overly concerned. But MH doc, said we'll be checking that out as well.

Yep, words like that hurt, even from little kids nearest and dearest to our hearts.

Buck,...ebennies is easy, when you're on the main page, after logging in, scroll over manage, I think the first drop down option has a side bar that shows apply or check up on in process claims. It takes an hour or more for your first claim, since you will have to manually enter all the pertinent info, like dates and branch of service and so on. That stuff then will always be there for future claims.

As you go thruogh it there will be a section that gives you the choices of what you claiming...such as back or foot, or MH, or AO and so on. And if you are filling for secondary, it also goes through that.

Hope that helps you.

Semper Fi.

Andy