VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has it been too long for my appeal to be assigned?

Rate this question

BeAWarriorNOTaWorrior

Question

Just to get to the nuts and bolts of it, I appealed a claim decision. The denial was June 2012, I appealed it through my vso just before the deadline, 2013 via certified mail. It's been over 2 years and the appeal status still states "at local office" 

Honestly I never thought anything of it until I started reading through Hadit. Now I'm reading some people who are asking about NODs after 16-18 months...  should I be converted? I've written an iris letter asking for a status update but have not heard back. 

Any advice? Thanks for the expertise.

What's your VSO say about the recent telephone notification and the 1 issue in question? When the DRO told me he was awarding all major issues from 2010 and IU from 2012 NOD, I agree to cancel 2 non "big $" issues that had been screwed up by original VSO back in 2008. The DRO explained in detail that I could let them ride and be decided at the BVA. I knew they wouldn't fly so I canceled them while at the DRO Hearing and refiled the same day with the proper "lower Limb" Peripheral Neuropathy as opposed to "upper Limb."

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Last time I saw a complete copy of my C-File at a BVA Hearing it was in such a mess the judge apologized.  If they converted that mess to electronic format it will be full of repetitions, double copies of the same claims, and all sorts of crap in no time frame.  It looked like somebody just threw everything into my folders in haphazard manner and not according to date.  I was at BVA about five years ago.  Can I assume it has been converted to electronic format.  My father's entire C-file and all his personnel and medical records went up in smoke according to the St. Louis office.   I do have his discharge papers and his letters. I have a copy of my file as of about five years ago and not much has happened since except losing at CAVC.

• HadIt.com Elder

The last BVA traveling judge hearing I went to, earlier the year - - -

The judge did not have and had not read the C file, even though the VARO

the hearing was held at supposedly had them.  Since the hearing was concerning multiple "CUE"s,

It will be interesting to see what the results are.

What's your VSO say about the recent telephone notification and the 1 issue in question? When the DRO told me he was awarding all major issues from 2010 and IU from 2012 NOD, I agree to cancel 2 non "big $" issues that had been screwed up by original VSO back in 2008. The DRO explained in detail that I could let them ride and be decided at the BVA. I knew they wouldn't fly so I canceled them while at the DRO Hearing and refiled the same day with the proper "lower Limb" Peripheral Neuropathy as opposed to "upper Limb."

Semper Fi

gastone thats is exactly what was recommended by my vso, with differences being they are only waiting on medical records. 

Last time I saw a complete copy of my C-File at a BVA Hearing it was in such a mess the judge apologized.  If they converted that mess to electronic format it will be full of repetitions, double copies of the same claims, and all sorts of crap in no time frame.  It looked like somebody just threw everything into my folders in haphazard manner and not according to date.  I was at BVA about five years ago.  Can I assume it has been converted to electronic format.  My father's entire C-file and all his personnel and medical records went up in smoke according to the St. Louis office.   I do have his discharge papers and his letters. I have a copy of my file as of about five years ago and not much has happened since except losing at CAVC.

John999 that really sucks about your c-file. Mine is in ok......shape...per say. There are duplicated files and some that are incomplete that I have the completed copies of... Mine is all out of order though. 

Here is something interesting. It's this allowable:

Though the varo made a decision on my current claim they removed the following from the claim I started this year and added them to my appeal:

DDD...appeal has lumber strain. 

Migraines

Fatigues and nausea secondary to the migraines-as they are what contribute to the severity.

Right knee

Right shoulder

I'd this something my poa, the vso would have authorised without me knowing?