ICD Codes and SCT CODES?WHAT THEY MEAN?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone have an Ideal what this code means/

SCT Depression 35489007 ???

..........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

On 8/16/2015 at 10:02 PM, Hamslice said:

Sluggish cognitive tempo (SCT)

Depression (SCT 35489007)

Hamslice

OK, I'll see ya' that and raise you Major depressive disorder (SCT 370143000)

Geez, I'll even add in History of traumatic brain injury (SCT 88611000119100)  😏😐...

Ain't it phunn'  guestin' what it means when the VA's mission is CONfound and CON-phuuuuzzz...?

BTW, 6-years into the "system" and just getting acclimated to the environment... 🤬

Edited by HorizontalMike

This is all done for VA trying to make YOU look dumb. I suggest you fire back with this one:

"

Without being informed to the highest degree of accuracy, I hesitate to articulate in that it might deviate from the true course of rectitude".    

I taught my kids this one, when the teacher asks a question you dont know.    Plain English Translation:  

Duh?

You shoot big words back at em, when they fire them to you.  Ask them to spell their name, and to spell the words for you so you can write em down and (then look em up).  

ICD -(International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification) is a system used by physicians and other healthcare providers to classify and code all diagnoses, symptoms, and procedures recorded in conjunction with hospital care in the United States. Whereas, SCT are symptoms codes used by The Center For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC) which use the Public Health Information Network Vocabulary Access And Distribution System (PHINVADS) assimilative to your illness.PubAccelic Health Information Network Vocabulary Access and Distribution System (PHIN VADS

Edited by Mr.Brown

• HadIt.com Elder

Based on a previous posting from Brokensoldier244th, SCT codes are just generic clinical codes. It doesn't hurt or help; its just a medical  identifier.