Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam Today Concerns....

Rate this question

malandroaz

Question

I went to my second C&P Exam for my knees. The first exam about 9 months ago went well and normal based on the board stories. The doctor measure my ROM while I was sitting in a chair. No big deal I just move it forward to I feel pain. Well today exam I expected the same thing. During the exam, instead of sitting down measuring my range of motion I was told to lay down on the table. The doctor had me move my leg by bending and measuring that way. I thought it was very strange for ROM measurement. Has anyone else experience a measurement for ROM on legs while laying down vs in a chair/sitting up?

Concerns.....

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

yes they check your legs by how far you can raise them off the table and bending

them been a while since doing one. I think they check for nerve damage that way also.

If you can raise them all the way up without pain 0%. Good luck

I recently had a C&P for my knees, the examiner took no measurements at all.  He had new X-rays, which showed deterioration since old x-rays.  And he DX'd me with crepidus(grinding in the joints, I think). In the end it came back unchanged.  And he marked "No" for locking up and giving out, which is mentioned in my SMR. And I did tell him same, as well.  Will have to remedy this situation, ASAP!

Andy

We explained this on the other thread you started. Based on the Evidence, X Rays, MRIs etc. the Doc can decide to conduct exam in multiple ways. As stated above, I too had well documented MRIs and Treatment, so Doc just laid me on back, and raised both knees at 2 different exams. That was it, then a month later was granted SC for both. Evidence is Evidence no matter how you look at it. Basically by the time we go to the C&P exams, it should either be granted SC or not, exam is just another step for the VA and Vet to go thru. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars