Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VBMS COURSE KNOWLWDGE

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

Here's a good start on claims 101 for all of you beginning your journey. VBMS is going to be an exciting new tool some day and you can be in front of it or chasing it. Good Luck to you all.

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/vbms-the-new-electronic-frontier-part-i/

I was a member of a FB group that deals with issues similar to hadit, only I was vilified for answering a veteran's question, asked in astonishment, by telling him that he could, in fact, apply for SMC(s) by virtue of the fact that he was literally housebound.  The owner of the page kept telling everyone to depend on the DAV, once they've reached 100% to "not rock the boat," and similar bad advice.  I was respectful and reserved, but the question that sent him over the edge was why on earth would he advise his housebound members not to apply for housebound benefits.  He called me disruptive and told me to go get my own page, that he had enough administrators to help him.  He flattered himself because I would never consider working with someone like that.  He continues to do his readers a great disservice.  I did discuss hadit there and suggested that people consult more than one website to educate themselves. 

Funny because I had a lot of his members messaging me with questions and I answered every single one of them. 

How dare I!

Lotzaspotz I was vilified here at hadit 17 years ago by 2 vets married to each other, saying I diodnt know what I was talking about,  until Pete stepped up and told them he knew me from the old Prodigy Vets forum (pre internet) in the 1990s and the same thing happened to me when I joined VBN many years ago when 2 power crazy bullies tried to put me down for even answering a few questions there on DIC or AO, two subjects I have considerable expertise on....

I dont give advise unless I am sure of it and always try to provide citations when needed.

But the worse experiences I ever had was when my email addy used to be open.

Thanks for helping so many veterans Lotzaspotz. It is real work, very challenging and sure not a picnic when one also has to deal with divisive,know- it -all  shit heads.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

asknod,

This is fantastic.  When I read "Bring a day’s worth of loud, messy food and drink that stains carpets, a Tetra game with a loud audio and a friend with a hideous laugh that sounds like a goat." coffee spray covered my computer screen. 

Thank you for putting this together.

Green

Green

Coffee nose is one of my specialties. Here's Chapter Two for the old soldiers of my era. 

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2015/09/02/vbms-the-new-electronic-frontier-part-ii/