Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

success after 5+ years

Rate this topic

flores97

Hello, fellow vets, i am so happy to be able to post under this forum!  First off i want to let everyone know how much the forums here at hadit have helped me with my claims, its much appreciated and i will be making a fund donation as soon as i receive retro.  I received grants from BVA on my two claims, systemic lupus with memory loss/major depressive disorder on Aug 17, 2015.  So far i have seen no changes on ebennies, and i was wondering if someone could give me a general idea on how long that might take. My claims are out of the winston salem if that helps.  I have also been continuing to try to work part time, but ive been hospitalized nine times in the past eight months due to flareups from lupus and bowel problems from the 14 daily medications i take for the lupus, i was wondering if i needed to let the RO know about the hospitilizations for rating purposes.  Any input would be great, and once again, thank everyone for your service and tremendous help.

Hello, fellow vets, i am so happy to be able to post under this forum!  First off i want to let everyone know how much the forums here at hadit have helped me with my claims, its much appreciated and i will be making a fund donation as soon as i receive retro.  I received grants from BVA on my two claims, systemic lupus with memory loss/major depressive disorder on Aug 17, 2015.  So far i have seen no changes on ebennies, and i was wondering if someone could give me a general idea on how long that might take. My claims are out of the winston salem if that helps.  I have also been continuing to try to work part time, but ive been hospitalized nine times in the past eight months due to flareups from lupus and bowel problems from the 14 daily medications i take for the lupus, i was wondering if i needed to let the RO know about the hospitilizations for rating purposes.  Any input would be great, and once again, thank everyone for your service and tremendous help.

Ok that's great news, the hard part was taken care by BVA.  Now your claim will go back to your local RO and they will do your actual ratings and assign percentages.  Yes, if you have more evidence, you should summit it as soon as possible.  Your local RO may schedule you for new C & P exams but they may not, so you want the most recent and most pertinent evidence to be in the raters hands before they make a decision.   Having multiple hospitalizations should warrant a higher rating.

Congrats Again.

Excellent advice given by Pete992.  Submit any new evidence you have ASAP, especially the hospitalization evidence.  

GP

Thank all of you for the great advice, I went ahead and printed out all treatment records for the past eight months, highlighted the areas I wanted them to read, and sent them in.  I've only been working around 21 hours a week so I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when I receive the BBE from Winston Salem!  Its been a long hard battle, but hopefully 2015 will be a better year for a lot of vets.  The VLJ made the decision fairly quickly, my BVA hearing was June 2,2015, i received packet confirming service connection was granted Aug 17, 3015. I will keep everyone posted on retro and ratings timeline.  Once again, thanks to everyone for your help.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use