Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Rating for Anxiety without a C/P Exam?

Rate this question

lmoore1436

Question

I applied for disability (Anxiety, ankle, gastrointestinal issues) on January 16, 2015. Just last week the status changed to pending decision approval and I was wondering if there are any reasons that I wouldn't have been given a C/P exam? I went to the doctor three or four times for the anxiety when I was in the service, and they prescribed medication that I was taking everyday for it. I'm curious if that would have been sufficient documentation, or if they are just denying it altogether? I was just discharged in August, so the appointments in my Active Duty Medical Record are relatively recent. 

• HadIt.com Elder

All veterans need to know to do this

When filing a comp-claim rather or not  a recent discharge , increase or FDC. or your first time claim  or actually for any claim  look up your symptoms and your disability code and see what you should be rated for..and ask on your claim application you be granted  the highest rating  allowed by VA  Regulations and Law  & site the  CFR's Particular rating numbers. 

this lets them know  you do know a little about the CFR's 

jmo

.....................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

All veterans need to know to do this

When filing a comp-claim rather or not  a recent discharge , increase or FDC. or your first time claim  or actually for any claim  look up your symptoms and your disability code and see what you should be rated for..and ask on your claim application you be granted  the highest rating  allowed by VA  Regulations and Law  & site the  CFR's Particular rating numbers. 

this lets them know  you do know a little about the CFR's 

jmo

.....................Buck

My initial claim after getting out was denied flat due to missing records. It took 5 years of appeals to win SC. When I started my claims again a few years ago, I did exactly what Buck recommended and then some. I included brief and concise details of what I was claiming and how it met the rating criteria for a specific %. Evidence, knowledge (thanks Hadit family!), and persistence can help win claims.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Really hard to say at this time, but just wait it out and see. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Congrats, and yes you will get Retro for the Current 40%, but it will take just a bit to sign off and complete audit if needed. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars