VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Marijuana for PTSD approved by Feds!!

Rate this question

Harley-1

Question

as of last wednesday Feds okd Marijuana trials for Vets being treated for PTSD.

Edited by Harley-1
-wrong forum- stupid phone !!

can you post a link to this ? Cant find that one. looks like its been in the making since 2014

it  is the 2014 version that was just okd to aquire the medicine by the  National Institute of Drug abuse finally signed off on Gov supply it for clinical trials- find it on (countercurrentnews.com)

as of last wednesday Feds okd Marijuana trials for Vets being treated for PTSD.

countercurrentnews.com/2015/04/veteran-ptsd-is-finally-going-to-be-legal/#

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I wonder if this will be available in all states

I am a bit leery of this.  yes the VA is allowing TRIALS, this does not mean you can start going to the shrink and asking for a dispensary card.  This will be a limited study, and i can guarantee the results will be either "inconclusive" or will be 10 years, 20 years down the road (and will probably read like this) "more testing is necessary to establish the efficacy of this treatment option for the general population of Veterans suffering from PTSD and other mental trauma".

I am willing to put quite a few sawbucks on this, the VA will not allow weed for treatment for a very long time, and even if they do will be a pharmaceutical concoction of active ingredients they identify as helpful, they will never ever ever start allowing the smoking or ingestion of the plant, only its ingredients in a pill.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey USMC_VET, have you ever seen the movie Pineapple Express? The first few minutes parody MJ trials from decades ago. I bet the VA trials will be similar.