secure messaging.png

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

I could understand being an ahole if i was combative and abusive in tone, "you guys are idiots what supid exam is this now????????"

i only asked hey i see i have an exam what is it for? 

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

What a moron. It sucks that veterans have to put up with morons like that.

I personally would not be confrontational, but I really like your idea about giving him the ol' stink eye! Anyone responding like that deserves it.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

What a moron. It sucks that veterans have to put up with morons like that.

I personally would not be confrontational, but I really like your idea about giving him the ol' stink eye! Anyone responding like that deserves it.

Oh yeah i get pissed, but i do so in private.  Venting AT the VA only brings problems on you and never on them.  Its an easy way to end up like that poor fellow who was in the paper and posted here. 

I wont say anything.  Once my most recent claim is finished i will be transferring to a new VAMC.  I will also be contacting the VARO Director as well as contacting Ms. Hickey.  While probably not at the level she needs to hear, i do think this sort of attitude is indicative of why the VA gets a bad rap.  there are two problems with the VA. 1) systemic institutional issues 2) Shitty employees.  For #1 its not a quick fix and is not something the average VA employee can do anything about.  They cant be held responsible for it, they can be when they make that system worse though.  For #2 its not all employees of course, but ones like this are the reason people hate the VA.

I know im making a bigger deal than it should be, but if he says it to me he is acting like this to others.  And there are vets out there in much more fragile mental states than me, who are more down on their luck than me and cant and dont deserve that treatment.  SO that being said. Me complaining wont change his attitude, but it might change his interaction.

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

USMC_VET,
That kinda reminds me of the employees at post offices in Germany. I remember being told that many of them don't give a crap because it was almost impossible to get fired.

You're not making it a bigger deal. The fact that any of us receive substandard or jerk responses in any from from any VA employee is a really big deal by itself. The UCMJ works because they could dock your pay. A VA employee would need to do something horribly awful to get put on administrative leave without pay. Perhaps the moron who responded to you was looking for a promotion.

Edited by Vync

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

So update.

As you can see i emailed asking what the C&P was for.  I had filed for flat foot, plantar fascities, shin splints and chronic fatigue syndrome (gulf war).  When he responded it was just general medical related to GW i assumed...ya know it was jsut GW and not the others.  guess what it was all of them.  what an *******.

It went well though i think.

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back