Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Treatment Notes

Rate this question

triman8654

Question

I'm presently in the pain management bout 7 weeks. The other day it dawned on me that the NP asked a couple of peculiar questions during the general barage of questioning. The two ?'s that stood out are, "Do you currently have a claim in w VA".... "No" I answered,.

nexted question was "What does your wife do, employment"., I answered, then she asked "Who does she work for", I answered with just the name of employer..

just the other day I noticed in the VA notes for that appt, the NP entered my spouses occupation and where she worked, and my current claim status. To me this is strange.

Has anyone had this experience? And if so, why would she go to the length of putting it into my medical notes? I find it odd..

Thanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I never had a Doc ask me what my wife does, However them Doc's write down everything you say and add to it, as for as asking if you had a claim  that can go two ways  she either is willing to help you  or she just wanted to know incase you do ask her for a favorable letter to help your claim  it gives her time to think about how to tell you NO I CAN'T.

And the again  it could be that your disability's will never show improvement & she could think your not doing very well financially and is concerned about your welfare as for as financial reasons.

Then Again she could just be flat out nosey, your not obligated to answer personal questions like that anyway especially if it has nothing to do with your disability.

Anytime a NP or MD or any type of office clinician ask you personal questions if it does not pertain to your disability medically   you can say '' Dr am I obligated by Law to answer that?''

jmo

............Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I was asked these exact questions last year by my VA MH Trauma Doc, and then she put in a package for my wife to be Paid by VA to be my Caregiver due to all of my health issues.  3 months later we were approved post 911 Vet only Caregiver Program.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

The bully VA wants to know EVERYTHING about you.  Prior to service, in service, post service, if you are on drugs, alcohol...everything.   They know more about me than my mother.  Its one reason some people "skip" VA benefits, and, if I could afford that, I would.  

• HadIt.com Elder

IF  THE VA WOULD HIRE ALL THERE PEOPLE WITH SOME COMMON SENSE AND THAT CAN READ  WE WOULD NOT HAVE ALL THESE DELAYS!!!

Another reasons I'm very thankful to Ms Tbird for creating this site.

JMO

............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

ive been asked that, i dont answer it.  I remember once a psych from teh vet center (grey area VA program, they are seperate but not) asked me if i had any guns or knives in the house.  I answered "no of course not i cut all my stakes with spoons because i only eat the best kobe beef..."

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints