VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC asking ME for medical records already provided to VA????

Rate this question

kiowa58d

Question

Hello All,

Looking for guidance.  I received a call today from QTC representative asking if I could provide copies of current MRI reports for a cervical condition that I have filed for.  I told the rep that I had already provided my medical records to the VA and all of the MRI reports should be in the C file.  I asked why they were needed and the QTC rep indicated the doctor who completed my C&P examination needed them to complete his report.

I asked the QTC rep if the doctor had reviewed my C-file (since all of the information he would need to complete his report is in my medical records).  The QTC rep stated the VA did not request a review of my medical records (whatever that means).   She also indicated the doctor had not reviewed my medical records but a VA case manager would review my records when assigning a disability rating.

The cervical condition I have filed for dates back to 1997 and I have received numerous medical treatments since that time.  

I have also filed for numerous other medical conditions which he barely touched on during my exam.

How can the doctor provide a thorough report without reviewing my medical records (C-file)?  

Is the QTC doctor required to review my medical records prior to my C&P exam?

My current plan is to scan and email the current reports that I have to the QTC rep but that wouldn't even scratch the surface.  

I would appreciate any advice you may have to offer.

Thank you

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a good Ideal for all veterans to take important Medical Notes/Records pertaining to your condition/disability  especially if you have them with a QTC Exam, never trust the VA to provide your records at a  QTC C&P Exam   although there suppose to but if they don't have the Records at the exam then you will...just take the records that are favorable to what your Exam is for.

But you may not need them for this exam if the VA said the examiner didn't need them?

try to get a copy of this exam ASAP.

JMO

...............Buck

Your medical records are kept separately from the C file.

"The QTC rep stated the VA did not request a review of my medical records (whatever that means"

That seems very odd.

What VARO do you deal with? Perhaps I have an email for their director because maybe they can fax the MRIs to the QTC doctor.

And Maybe IRIS could help.

go to www.va.gov and click on the Contact Us button, then on Ask a question.

I am at a loss as to why the VA did not send these records to the QTC doctor, specifically the MRIs the doctor needs.

Others will chime in.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is odd that the QTC examiner didn't have the medical records to review at the time of the exam??

, unless the VA Case Manager is doing the review?  but I never heard of a case manager review the medical records ''when assigning a  disability?

Aren't Raters the ones that do that?

This  veteran should call IRIS Or the 1-800 or as Ms Berta mention to call and ask them whats going on here?

werid  unless the VA is changing up things?

jmo

..............Buck

Thank you all for the replies so far.

Buck52: I did take my medical records (which are all organized by condition) to the C&P exam and offered up specific reports for the doctors review.  He quickly glanced at a few and jotted down a few notes but mainly kept his head buried in his laptop filling out the questionnaire between examining me.

As far as the VA case manager "reviewing the medical records", this info was passed by the QTC rep and I hope she didn't know what she was talking about.

Berta: I completed all my QTC exams on FT Bragg, NC so my VARO would be in Winston Salem.

Sorry for the confusion as I thought that my medical records were part of my C-file.  

I will check again with a QTC supervisor as well as drop a question on IRIS.  

I don't understand how the doctor can write a report for conditions I claimed without reviewing medical records.

Does anyone know if there a requirement for the doctor completing the C&P exam to review the member's medical records?

FYI, this is a BDD claim.  I am on terminal leave now and will officially be retired on 01 NOV.   I am just concerned about the cervical condition not being properly rated due to its severity.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If they provided that request in writing, I would recommend you keep it. Then, if you get denied for something you know is in your records, you'll have some proof that they claimed they didn't have it.

So I just got off the phone with the QTC rep again who confirmed the VA "DID NOT" request a medical records review. This means that the doctor who completed my C&P exam didn't even have access to my medical records (3 large folders) and has not reviewed them. 

This was the reason that the QTC doctor requested copies of my MRI I reports I showed him during the exam to support his diagnosis.  When I asked the rep why the doctor didn't want copies of the MRI reports for my torn rotator cuff's and labrum's in both of my shoulders, she indicated plain X-rays taken during my C&P  exam provided enough supporting evidence necessary.  Can't see how that's how that is possible.

I am not feeling very confident in the VA at this point.