Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to request DAV not be my rep?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was thinking about the DAV SO that filed my PTSD Claim  he already made a mistake  My Desalinated claims intake center sent my a letter saying to send all claim/correspondence to my DESIGNATED  claims intake center  (Janesville Wi )....the DAV sent my PTSD Claim to my RO..So already starting off with a mistake

I want to just work my claim myself and with the help of hadit members

what should I do?

......Thanks 

.........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We sent a certified letter terminating the representation agreement to the service organization and a copy of the letter, also sent via certified mail, to the RO.  Of course, the RO still screwed things up by sending copies of correspondence to the service organization after we fired them.  It wasn't until we got an attorney and he wrote to the RO that the RO finally got the message.  You can also mail or fax a copy of it to the Evidence Intake Center covering your location.  That's pretty much all there is to it.

• HadIt.com Elder

What is the correct form to do that? also what is the CFR'38 USC provision that requires all claims must be sent to your desanaited clams intake center? obviouse this SO don't keep up with the VA Regs.

I looked on asknod blog  but I didn't find it  and I'm sure he has it.

Thanks

.......Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Lots of Veterans, including myself, go ahead and "let the DAV and VA think" they are my VSO, when I do it myself and actually have not called or been in a DAV office for about 5 years.   In other words, I did not bother to revoke the DAV POA, but do everything myself.  

Incredibly, DAV is "listed" as my POA, but I had hired the NVLSP lawyers (pro bono) and never gave DAV a POA afterwards, so I dont even know if DAV is my POA or not.  If DAV is my POA, then they did it with the Carbanaro Effect (magic), as I did not give it to them.  

I have been going through my RBA with a fine tooth comb and found at least one document where my signature was forged.   I know my handwriting, and I can instantly tell that document was not signed by me.  It was a 21-4138.  Since the document did not appear to be  what I call a "predatory" forgery, I have decided to wait and see what happens before I decide to go after who ever forged my document.  

This makes DAV and VA "very" happy.  Why?  Well we know that the VSO's have a "cozy" relationship with VA, so VA wants us to have a VSO.  And, the DAV gets paid for its number of POA's, so they love getting paid and doing zero.  

Took me YEARS and repeated certified mailings and finally threats to MAYBE get my POA off of the VSO's books.

eBenefits says I have no rep now but that is not proof that the VA isn't STILL sending my most sensitive personal data to them.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I want that truth known.

• HadIt.com Elder

Once you get an agent or attorney, The new people will do the form for you.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks everyone

I am going to work my claim myself along with hadit members help...I am pretty sure what to do,however I don't have a ebenfits account  only my healthvet  I always did my claim through the snail mail  with return receipts back in the old days...I am not sure I trust ebenfits account to many people can access it

Jbasser  I called  attorney  Matthew Hill  Law Firm from Florida  and they said I needed a denial before I can hire them.?

just my crazy opinion

..............Buck