Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to request DAV not be my rep?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was thinking about the DAV SO that filed my PTSD Claim  he already made a mistake  My Desalinated claims intake center sent my a letter saying to send all claim/correspondence to my DESIGNATED  claims intake center  (Janesville Wi )....the DAV sent my PTSD Claim to my RO..So already starting off with a mistake

I want to just work my claim myself and with the help of hadit members

what should I do?

......Thanks 

.........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"tell them I no longer want the DAV to represent me"

VA Form 21-22, and 21-22A have some general information on how to revoke

a 21-22 SO appointment.  Getting the VARO to actually do it may be another problem.

I revoked the SO appointment automatically by appointing a lawyer. The VARO did not

complete the change in all the records until I pressed them to do so.This can cause problems. (Obviously!)

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree chuck

I am going to be filing all my claims evidence to the intake center myself and not sending the DAV Anything.(with green card)

This SO scribble all over the 21-526ez  and said I am applying for PTSD and that was it.I sign it and he said he was sending to my RO  (if he did) I'll find out tomorrow

I got a letter from my intake center letting me know they received my ''intent to file claim '' and explain about the EED and what forms to fill out, time limits ect,,ect,,  and to be sure and send all claims or claim correspondence to this claims intake center.

from this mistake  is why I don't won't them to represent me

.............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

You can send the form in, but dont expect the VA to "actually do" anything about it.  You can not send  a "NOD" when the VA fails to act on your change of POA.  

As Kelly pointed out that can be a disaster, too. 

No, the law firms wont even look at you until you have a denial letter.  Many/most want a BVA denial letter sent to them before they will answer if they will represent you.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Since the DAV supposably sent the 21-526ez to my RO

I am sending in a statement of the case with some medical documentation and my VA MH Diagnoses and some MH VA Notes

DD-214 and what ever else I have that would help my claim  make all copies and keep in safe place..send this is ASAP to the VA Claims intake center

The Damn DAV Service officer should have did it or at least ask me if I had any evidence to send in with the PTSD Claim, I even mention to him I sent in   ''INTENT TO FILE CLAIM;;to the intake center   which they sent me a letter letting me know They got and the claim effective date will be Oct 1st but I never mention what it was I was claiming.  which now I suppose I should have

I have my head in two places at once  I'm helping another veteran with his claim and I just plum forgot about what I should do with mine  EH!

but that's still no excuse  its my own dang fault for  trusting the DAV.

............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

bronco

you can send the form in, but dont expect the VA to "actually do" anything about it.  You can not send  a "NOD" when the VA fails to act on your change of POA.  

I am going to the DAV office tomorrow and let them know I am working my claim myself and I don't trully trust them  beings they already screwed up my claim by not completely filling it out and without any evidence statement of the claim how it effects my life and medical records VA Notes ect,,,ect I have in my possession,,  and to top all that off they sent it to the wrong place.

...........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks everyone

I am going to work my claim myself along with hadit members help...I am pretty sure what to do,however I don't have a ebenfits account  only my healthvet  I always did my claim through the snail mail  with return receipts back in the old days...I am not sure I trust ebenfits account to many people can access it

Jbasser  I called  attorney  Matthew Hill  Law Firm from Florida  and they said I needed a denial before I can hire them.?

just my crazy opinion

..............Buck

Buck you don't have to have a denial, You just have to have a decision you disagree with. 

Hang in there.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.