Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where to look for General Counsel claims decided?

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I cannot find anything on the general counsel just who and what they do. But I cant find how they make their decisions like what its based off. I want to know is there anywhere it lists there past decisions like appeals?

I used VAOPOGCPRECs 34-96 and 6-01 to win my greenhouse. The VLJ even complimented me on their pertaining to the subject. He even used them himself in the decision. They're lethal when used properly at the BVA level. Takes the wind out of the sails way before they  get to the CAVC.

Asknod did his homework, and got his greenhouse.  You need to assume the VA is going to comply with the OGC precedential opinions, even tho they probably dont in actual practice.  Then, complain to the judge they did not comply with the applicable OGC Precedential opinions, noting the term "precedential".   The courts have repeatedly said the VA is bound by their own regulations, BUT we have to appeal to make them comply.  Yea, its crazy.  

I don't know if this a bad decision or what but the General Counsel is actually being used by the DRO from my hearing she said she just has one question and that is since my license was suspended for 90 days not for a DUI can she still legal grant my claim with all the evidence of the mechanical defect and my service departments LOD in my favor. As for RUREADY I always getting useful information every time I post so just save your senseless remarks for someone who gives a ____,GM is shielded by bankruptcy from their mechanical defect. Thanks again everyone else # BERTA #ASKNOD #GASTONE

ask your attorney or call GM not VA dummy by now you should know
Edited by jfrei

That is maybe a good thing.  It sounds like your rater wants to grant your claim but has a legal question they wish to run by the General Consul (VA lawyers). 

My guess is the pooh bah lawyers will research this to see if there is any way they can deny you.  Its what they do.  Otherwise, they could just leave a voice recording like this. 

"Thank you for calling the VA Office of General Council.  All the attorney's are out playing golf...er with other clients, so just award the claim and forget it." 

I don't know if this a bad decision or what but the General Counsel is actually being used by the DRO from my hearing she said she just has one question and that is since my license was suspended for 90 days not for a DUI can she still legal grant my claim with all the evidence of the mechanical defect and my service departments LOD in my favor. As for RUREADY I always getting useful information every time I post so just save your senseless remarks for someone who gives a ____,GM is shielded by bankruptcy from their mechanical defect. Thanks again everyone else # BERTA #ASKNOD #GASTONE

Hey brother I'm in a fight with VA myself. Lots of time I piss people off

BUT THE NEXT DAY YOU ARE STILL MY FRIEND" I hold no beef with you or

anyone else here but it is ADVICE. Would your lawyer like you posting things to an open

Forum where everybody know your business and you are telling all your business. Ask questions is ok

but don't ever tell all you know. You have a claim that don't need to post in open forum. You have a lawyer

let him work and quit telling all. Advice

you got the same info I told you the start, maybe you fell better hearing it from someone else

but I will do some research on this this weekend

and maybe have something to offer that might help or hurt it is what it is. RU