Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Reviews End Product 680 Used

Rate this question

ketchup56

Question

I currently have an appeal at bva for early effective date of service connection, early effective date tdiu, and early effective date of left/right radiculupathy at the with vlj stage. My question is on Nov.6, 2015 Oakland varo opened a "Rating Review " claim on their own with an End Product  680 established for that claim. However no one can give me a reason why or what this claim issues are and why it has that particular ep 680 attached to it. My research only tells me that ep 680 are reviews DIRECTED by VA CENTRAL OFFICE.  Can someone who has had this happen to them or is there some new recent directive from central office for these reviews ? I do know once I'm at bva jurisdicton Oakland varo has no business doing reviews on these issues.  Any thoughts, kindly appreciated as I'm at a lost on this one......    JOEL 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I think I found the same thing you did in this linked document.

The end product (EP) system is the primary workload monitoring and management tool for the Veterans Service Center (VSC)/Pension Management Center (PMC).

I don't know anything about this, but after reading it looks like EP reviews are ways to manage certain types of claims which I assume need more than just regular development. It could also be used to help measure workload and allocate resources. I know that where I work (I'm a programmer) they allocate so many resources, so many hours, etc.. per project. We review progress regularly to determine if we need to shift resources to meet our higher priority goals and deadlines (can't assume the VA does this) while not allowing lower priority projects get stale. We also have special processes that need to happen in certain situations. The VA's EP deal sounds somewhat similar to what I do, which is why I used it as a vague analogy. I'm not sure if I am right, but being that yours was flagged as an EP 680, I assume your claim is waiting for the "hemodialysis review", which I assume involves analysis of any dialysis you might have had. If for some reason you don't have anything wrong with your kidneys, then I would ask them why this error occurred. There is also the possibility that EP 680 is something else entirely and not accessible to anyone unless they are on the VA's internal network.

680, 681, 682, 683, 684 -
Reviews-Ratings Involved

EPs 680, 681, 682, 683 and 684 are authorized on specific Central Office direction and apply to special reviews which require rating activity reviews.

·   EP 680 is used for hemodialysis review (see M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, 4.I.2.j).

·   EP 681 is used for Nehmer Phase II (see Nehmer Supplemental Training, May 3, 2013, and M21-1, Part IV, Subpart ii, 1.H.9.b).

·   EP 682 is used for Radiation cases (see M21-1, Part IV, Subpart ii, 1.C.2).

·   EP 683 is used for SHAD (Shipboard Hazard and Defense) (see M21-1, Part IV, Subpart ii, 1.I.7).

·   EP 684 is used for Temporary 100 percent disability evaluation reviews (see VSCM Bulletins dated January & April of 2013).

-  historical use for POW reviews, not under the EP 680 series, and

-  historical use for BDD claims from pregnant servicewomen.

I hope this helps!

I currently have an appeal at bva for early effective date of service connection, early effective date tdiu, and early effective date of left/right radiculupathy at the with vlj stage. My question is on Nov.6, 2015 Oakland varo opened a "Rating Review " claim on their own with an End Product  680 established for that claim. However no one can give me a reason why or what this claim issues are and why it has that particular ep 680 attached to it. My research only tells me that ep 680 are reviews DIRECTED by VA CENTRAL OFFICE.  Can someone who has had this happen to them or is there some new recent directive from central office for these reviews ? I do know once I'm at bva jurisdicton Oakland varo has no business doing reviews on these issues.  Any thoughts, kindly appreciated as I'm at a lost on this one......    JOEL 

I have no ideal what a 680 is but I am at BVA for same reason EED. My claim is at BVA now

with the judge but my RO says to send in employment form or  it will delay my claim. If its at BVA

what the RO have to do with it?

I think I found the same thing you did in this linked document.

I don't know anything about this, but after reading it looks like EP reviews are ways to manage certain types of claims which I assume need more than just regular development. It could also be used to help measure workload and allocate resources. I know that where I work (I'm a programmer) they allocate so many resources, so many hours, etc.. per project. We review progress regularly to determine if we need to shift resources to meet our higher priority goals and deadlines (can't assume the VA does this) while not allowing lower priority projects get stale. We also have special processes that need to happen in certain situations. The VA's EP deal sounds somewhat similar to what I do, which is why I used it as a vague analogy. I'm not sure if I am right, but being that yours was flagged as an EP 680, I assume your claim is waiting for the "hemodialysis review", which I assume involves analysis of any dialysis you might have had. If for some reason you don't have anything wrong with your kidneys, then I would ask them why this error occurred. There is also the possibility that EP 680 is something else entirely and not accessible to anyone unless they are on the VA's internal network.

I hope this helps!

it does thanks

You're correct if it's at bva why is the "RO" telling you to submit the employee form ? Maybe because they were to have had YOU complete it and return form back to them for submittal to your previous employer's and they now realize their mistake. Send it straight to bva to eliminate a remand for their stupidity in the first instance. .BTW there is nothing wrong my kidneys so that's why I'm at a lost why my claim is now being reviewed on Central Office directive. ..

Send in the Form, do you really want to Second Guess the reasons? If you end up getting what your looking for, do you really care why the RO requests an employment form? Maybe the BVA requested the RO forward an employment form so as to facilitate your new IU Retro Date. Think Positive!

Your appeal is at the BVA and been Docketed, right. Did you receive the "60 Day N & M Evidence Cut off Letter?"

Semper Fi