Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Pushed Out Vet Friend.. Allison Hickey

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

my story, i was on this forum for about 6 months and i kept seeing the name Allison Hickey helps vets. i payed no attention but then i decided to look at what was happening. vets with simple micomunications between wording errors or simple facts not being checked started to email Undr secretary Allison hickey and getting a response.. this was amazing because we all know just to get a response takes months but to have someone so important actually care and get the RO director to call us is simply un-simple and plain amazing. Allison Hickey did a TON for VETS here on this site and i just want to see how many of us can take the time to recognize her good work that i personally think made her a target from the mainstream va jokes and then pushed her out. [;ease begin to write what Allison 
Hickey did for YOU!!!!! she deserves and we all deserve to have a person like this on our side. 

the real question for this topic is ,, jow many people got her help and how she helped??? Not that they pushed her out!! im sure the pushing her outt was because she got directors of ba regional offices to call us and if we just forget her than we are leaving one behind!

Allison Hickey was pushed out because she let underlings manipulate her, and got her to do things like award them big moving expense checks when relocating, and even made the relocation happen to generate the checks.  She made a good customer service rep, but not so good of a real leader who fixes problems like that.  She should have gotten those employees fired who asked her to arrange for a big moving expense check.   By allowing or even assisting with that, she deserved firing. 

Andy Griffith once led by example, when he said, "Gee, I hope you are not trying to bribe a police officer.  Put that money back in your pocket, because it looks real bad." 

Allison should have taken a page out of Andy Griffith's playbook.  "Gee, I hope you are not asking me to fire the Phoenix RO director so you can move there and generate moving expense checks, as I dont go there.  If your responsibilities are too much, then you can request a transfer, but dont ask Veterans to pay for your move". 

Allison Hickey was already in trouble before she did the "email Allison" thing.  She had become a kind of self appointed media spokesperson, and did not handle that well.  She was not that familiar with the VA, and made statements that were inaccurate and was called to the carpet for those. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have never personally contacted her for assistance, but advised many and they all had positive responses.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was glad that she helped Veterans who asked for it but still mad that Vets have to beg VA to do its job.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

+1 Pete

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.