Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New PCP problems

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

I recently moved and had my first appointment with my assigned PCP.  Well, I just downloaded and printed his notes, he has made several statements about tests that he DID not do, i.e. straight leg lift, post void residual.   These statements are not in my best interest.  I also stated that I did not think that the omeprazole was still working. He then said that I should stop taking them, but in his notes, he states that  my "reflux symptoms have disappeared" and then later he states "He is not taking his medication for GERD as his symptoms have gone away". Should I contact him and ask him about these entries or should I just let it go?  These notes relate directly to SC issues and potentially SC issues, GERD.  I have called another clinic nearby and asked to be placed on their waiting list for new patients when they hire a new doctor.

Happy Trails

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

i used laymens terms for along time, but i found that was misconstrued to often to not mean what i meant.

I asked for my medical records from the VA in another state i was in.  Nothing. another request. nothing then a iris saying it was being worked on.  then a month later (2 months total) i re contacted them via Iris stating the regs saying if i do not hear back in 5 business days that it was in the mail i would write the OGC etc etc citing the specific regs and using the VA's lawyer language.  within 24 hours i had heard back and received a phone call stating it would be in the mail by monday (was friday) it was and i  got it tuesday.

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

i used laymens terms for along time, but i found that was misconstrued to often to not mean what i meant.

I asked for my medical records from the VA in another state i was in.  Nothing. another request. nothing then a iris saying it was being worked on.  then a month later (2 months total) i re contacted them via Iris stating the regs saying if i do not hear back in 5 business days that it was in the mail i would write the OGC etc etc citing the specific regs and using the VA's lawyer language.  within 24 hours i had heard back and received a phone call stating it would be in the mail by monday (was friday) it was and i  got it tuesday.

and if you think they give a shit about your treat about you know  A  law why do attorney

catch hell about the law also???

Yes advocates can read it but i didnt care.  I am trying to get something in my medical record that reflects what I told them.  I understand some things are very personal to people, but thats a case by case and person by person issue.

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

and if you think they give a shit about your treat about you know  A  law why do attorney

catch hell about the law also???

And no i dont think they give a shit about how they treat me however when they are faced with a simple request and the fact they are in violation of the law they are more prone to doing the right thing than when you come to them in ignorance with hat in hand.

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

Well, after checking Myhealthyvet VA notes today, I discovered that the letter I wrote to the doctor has been scanned into my medical records and it states at the bottom that it is awaiting a signature from the doctor that he has acknowledged the letter.  I did not mention any regs. I simply asked him to make corrections in my records.  Veterans need to be aware that what they say, do and write will prolly be entered into their records, even telephone calls.  I m not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.