Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Requiring Second C&P Exams?!!!

Rate this question

Mo

Question

Hello all. This is an update on my progress. 

10/23- Review of PTSD C&P Exam

10/31 - Lower Back C&P Exam

11/19 - Claim Submitted FDC on EBenny (all DBQs, Med Records, Forms,and Sworn Declarations uploaded)

11/23 - "Gathering Evidence" Status

12/1 - Spoke to RO and VA had submitted a 'medical opinon request from outside dr"

12/3 - Received call from "Veterans Evaluation Services" in MN stating the VA is requesting a local medical provider to conduct the same 2 C&P Exams!!!

Has this happening to anyone else? Could it be good or bad news?

I filed for Depression secondary to IVDS, Bilateral Radiculapathy of lower extremities secondary to IVDS, IU, and increase in PTSD. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

~Mo~

I just received a call from Veteran's Evaluation Services to schedule an appointment to evaluate a cervical spine claim.  This claim was approved with a 10% rating in Nov 2015 and an Administrative review completed 24 Feb 16 with no change in the rating.  I didn't file a NOD, I had just verbally asked about the eligibility date of the award. Believe it or not I thought it went to far back.  Any idea why I am being scheduled for another Comp Eval?  My initial Eval was done at the VA in Aug 2015. Thanks in advance 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

They told me on the phone that they have my medical records and C&P exams but they want another "medical opinion. I'm wonder if this is because my exam seems air tight maybe?

It is possible, but I had a situation where I was asked to come back for another C&P exam for my claim. The reason the VA gave me was it had been over a year since my last C&P exam and they wanted to get a current assessment to ensure I received the correct percentage. That happened to me once. But it looks like your exam might have been too recent for them to do that.