Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Requiring Second C&P Exams?!!!

Rate this question

Mo

Question

Hello all. This is an update on my progress. 

10/23- Review of PTSD C&P Exam

10/31 - Lower Back C&P Exam

11/19 - Claim Submitted FDC on EBenny (all DBQs, Med Records, Forms,and Sworn Declarations uploaded)

11/23 - "Gathering Evidence" Status

12/1 - Spoke to RO and VA had submitted a 'medical opinon request from outside dr"

12/3 - Received call from "Veterans Evaluation Services" in MN stating the VA is requesting a local medical provider to conduct the same 2 C&P Exams!!!

Has this happening to anyone else? Could it be good or bad news?

I filed for Depression secondary to IVDS, Bilateral Radiculapathy of lower extremities secondary to IVDS, IU, and increase in PTSD. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

~Mo~

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Back in the day, I was called back in for another exam from the same C&P doctor just a month later. Turned out he misplaced the original C&P exam. Of course, that was when everything was on paper. When I ordered my c-file, I found both the original and the repeat C&P exam documents in there. Go figure.

Back in the day, I was called back in for another exam from the same C&P doctor just a month later. Turned out he misplaced the original C&P exam. Of course, that was when everything was on paper. When I ordered my c-file, I found both the original and the repeat C&P exam documents in there. Go figure.

They told me on the phone that they have my medical records and C&P exams but they want another "medical opinion. I'm wonder if this is because my exam seems air tight maybe?

You may have a nexus somewhere else...by another doc.  I dont know that, as I did not read the rest of your file.  If you have ordered your cfile, you can look for yourself. 

I think it is covered What are your thoughts? I have:

1. service medical records that state a diagnosis of acute sciatica in 2004 and radical symptoms

2. my MRI from this year states that I have a history of radiculapathy since 2004, 

3.From this C&P exam:

Nexus??? ----> "Diagnosis #2: Bilateral lower extremity radiculopathy due to IVDS/DDD of lumbar spine ICD code: M54
Date of diagnosis: 2004 by hx" 

Edited by Mo
Possible Nexus????

Now, you could well have had an "acute" injury that hurt your back, and still causes you problems today.  Very possible.  The VA will not resort to speculation. 

VA raters/judges are  forbidden to make medical judgement calls, and many Veterans call them on that.  They have to rely on what the doc says, not what they think he meant. 

Ok....thanks for the advice. I read somewhere that I have to have either a diagnosis or symptoms connecting to service. I found something else as well in my service medical records:

Dated Aug 11 2004 from Monroe Health Clinic in Ft Hood,Tx

Diagnosis: Chronic Sciatica

"SM  with abnormal posture and gait, know lumbar disc disease pain radiating to right with bladder spasticity during exaceberation. Pain constant to right up and down rt leg with bladder urgency. Reflexes absent or depressed builaterally. No discoverable comfortable position unresolved with NSAID's and medication."

I also have 3 different trips to Emergency Room while in service for the same thing.

What else should I be looking for? I appreciate all the info and input since this is my first big claim I am filing by myself. The others were simple in proving. This is my first time putting in a claim for secondary disabilities...

Edited by Mo
additional info