Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Help

Rate this question

Big Country

Question

I have been diagnosed with PTSD by a Licensed Psychologist and a Licensed Psychiatrist (Non-VA Professionals) due to my service while on Active Duty..... I'm 100% P&T and was wondering if I should submit a claim?  I have the appropriate NEXUS Letters and documentation that include statements from my spouse and other relatives.  As a Veteran, I know I'm entitled to compensation, but I feel guilty pursuing the claims especially since there are so many others who are getting the run around.  What are your thoughts?  There are a couple other conditions I have that were awarded at zero % that have worsened since but I don't want to "reopen" or open a "can of worms".   

Please help!

Big Country

If I understand your question:

You indicated you are 100%, and are thinking of filing another claim.

Are you SMC S?  If you are 100% and have another 60%, then you are qualified for SMC S.  Bradley vs Peake explains the 100% can be schedular or TDIU.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe you need to have a VA MH Diagnoses for  DSM 5 PTSD.

Welcome aboard my friend, and sorry that you feel that way. You have no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed about anything.   I felt the same way, when I was Medically Retired in 2013 at the age of 30. I then went on to be a Federal Agent for a little less then a year, until my health caught up to me. Yet after doing 10 yr active, multiple Wars, and Agent chasing most wanted Child Molesters, I felt so ashamed to ask for help.   I went 8 moths with no income and almost starved. Then multiple Vets to me at VAs, that we us as Vets that have gone thru Hell and Back don't get benefits, then bad or lazy folks who don't deserve the help, will go get those benefits that we need and earned. You did not ask to get sick or hurt after the Military, and yet you feel this way. No Sir, My Fellow Vet, you earned every $ and benefit that you have now, and in the Future. I feel that the Govt will never do enough for us. We on Hadit Love You and are here for you. Only we can understand what we have gone thru. Good luck, and you file whatever you think is Ailing you, and I agree with the Advice above. Please continue to seek treatment. Keep us posted and God Bless!!!

Congratulations Master-chief!  I pretty much have the same.......I was asking because I didn't want to appear to be "greedy"  although those other illnesses have gotten significantly worse.  Since I'm P&T, I don't want them to reopen up my case....if there's such a thing.