Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

closed claim? by the 10th

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What happens  when a veteran files a ptsd claim  and the claims intake center sends him information of what they want from him three things they ask for on the 11-8th 15 and the veteran sends in submits his statement in support of claim with evidence and records in support of his claim, statements from spouse, statements from veteran medical records VA Notes  and the three things they want and the VA Never acknowledge it and says to the veteran he has 30 days to send it  and the veteran did send it   ...and the VA close his claim...what can the veteran do?

ebenefits don't show they received it and says the claim will be closed by 12-10-2015 although it says  ''gathering evidence''!

The veteran as his return receipt where some one at the claims intake center sign for it.

btw

This veteran is me.  I have 4 days left.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks In Advance

...............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

What if you filed it in a upload on ebenefits. It would be sort of hard for them to deny they don't have if there is an electronic record. My only reason for saying this is I got into a similar situation. I set up an account on ebenefits and was able to upload evidence immediately and it gave me proof of the upload. Just my two cents and good luck to you. The only other thing I can recommend is driving to your regional office and walking up to the desk and submitting it and asking for a date stamped to your copies.

Almost same exact thing happened to me. The regional office should take it I would think. Just my guess since you have to leave a trail. Also doesn't your evidence intake center have a fax number. Go down to office depot or similar and you have date stamp on fax showing they got it. You probably find a fax number for them on internet. Worth a try. Is there any way to find out where your claim is located physically like 1 800 Peggy?

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a ebenefits pre account  but I filed the claim through snail mail and someone from the intake center sign for it on oct 19th.

there showing on ebenefits that they need three things from me and its the same as the letter they sent me in Oct, I sent all that to them   and on ebenefits it still says ''gathering evidence;''and I need to send in the information thay sent me or my claim will be closed out.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

OK! When I had a tight squeeze another time I used FEDEX overnight delivery. I used the tracking number and got a confirmation of receipt through an Iris Inquiry giving them the tracking number.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks waccamawwild,

I called the 1-800-827-1000 and talk to a representative and she said they had all my information and my claim was in development phase , as to why it said what it said in ebenefits about they need the information that I had already sent them  is because  they have not upgrading the ebenfits account yet  but it would /or should change to current status as soon as my account is upgraded.

so she said they had all the information from me they ask for,  I just need to wait..until they contact me , as for as my claim status  I ask  about I won't have my claim closed?...she said no...so I''m  good...just have to wait now and see what they say?

Thanks Buddy I appreciate your help.

.................Buck