Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

im not sure what to ask?

Rate this question

wes1

Question

I look on e-bennies this morning to track my status, of course it is not working properly, I did not file a new claim on the 21st and when I called and talked to peggy she had no info.  however I did find the following:

12/21/2015Eligibility Determination12/21/2015
  • Decision Notification Sent

View Appeal Status

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I try to view the appeal status and have had no luck, I had to add here because I guess today I am not smart enough for the original comment to work :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPAY AND SAFE NEW YEAR

Contact your VSO's main office at your RO. If it's fully staffed, should be, ask a REP to help you out.

You have no New claims pending, old claims nearing or at the 1 years NOD filing deadline? When exactly was your last award?

Semper Fi

I have won on appeal but haven't been giving anything, always seems like a work in progress on appeal, the appeal saz closed but who knows, with e-bennies not working right I can get no answers

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It is not uncommon for the status info on ebenefits to not be accurate. The VA says they are trying, but it doesn't seem to be happening across the board.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

I agree with VYNC.  Your decision has been mailed to you, according to your post,  and you simply need to wait until it arrives.  It sounds like it was mailed Dec. 21, so you could get it as soon as tommorrow, but more likely after Christmas.

Dont count on seeing money, tho, any time soon.  After I won my appeal (partially) in 2012, it was another year before VA actually sent the money.  The VA is forbidden to do that, but they do so anyway.  

The RO has to do an "implementation" decision of the Board decision.  (Kinda crazy, since the BVA already made the decision, but you need to get another decision which is supposed to say, "Ok, we decided to do it the Boards way and grant your benefits, unless, of course we can delay those some more.  Of course, we will lowball you as much as possible.  Our absolute favorite is granting "0" percent, especially for hearing loss claims.  If we are not able to lowball you, we may try to "noball" you, unless of course, we can manage to lose your entire claims file."  

You will drive yourself crazy with Ebenefits. It is usually not that accurate especially around the holidays. Just enjoy your Christmas and you should receive the official paperwork in the next few weeks. Until then, all we can do is Speculate and that is not fair to you. Good luck my friend, and God Bless!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars