Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI reveiw

Rate this question

drewski84

Question

I'm 70% TDIU P&T with no further reviews. I was granted SSDI before I was granted TDIU P&T. Now my question is; I have a review for my SSDI.. How does this work? Do I tell them I'm now 100% Permanent & Total (PTSD) and that I cannot not work period? Now I'm  back in the stage once again where I'm freaking out that I can lose my SSDI which would be devastating! Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

Edited by drewski84

agree, that doesn't seem right

Green

Well every and the only contentions that are for SSDI are the same exact ones for the VA. On the original decision the ALJ knew they were all VA related injuries and every one of them are SC'd. So what is the misunderstanding here on the SSDI Review/Cessation? I don't understand how the states rule on SSDI whenever its a federally funded program. I find this a conflict of interest meaning if a ALJ already ruled on the federal level then during any and all reviews it should be back at the Federal Level because the state levels don't have jurisdiction any longer because a Federal ALJ already ruled on it in my favor. And believe me I would not doubt they are going to pull some stunt BS on me by not paying me during the appeal process. I've filed to be paid during the appeals and they already cut off my medicare even though I turned in all the paper work within five days. I turned in my Continuation Review Hearing Request close to a month ago and I still haven't heard a thing back on the hearing I am suppose to have. Its different whenever you have a review like this because you get to have a hearing before the ALJ where on the initial claims you only get a reconsideration review but not the hearing that I know of as I didn't get to go to the hearing back in 2012 during the reconsideration.

If I don't get paid this month then I am filing a Congressional Inquiry as to why when I filed all the proper paperwork and I may check into an attorney on filing a suit against SSA. This week I am going over to the SSA to try to obtain any and all documentation related to the current SSDI Review and if they refuse to give me this paperwork then again I will have to obtain an attorney and I will try to force SSA to pay for that attorney. I am sick of this crap this leadership is doing to this country, just sick of it.

You are right about this with regards to SSA, when I knew the records qualified me I sen't for the SSA to send me a copy of my records file, one letter they sent back was that they claimed to be working on my claim right then, the other stated that SSA had sent VA a copy of my records. The last was which part of my records I wanted.  The VA part is correct as I verified this fact already, the other is a bunch of crap. What part of my records?  I guess the word entire claims file has a different meaning? 

These agencies know perfectly well why WE request records, put plainly the request are for records that will win our claims, I'm disappointed in the system.  I thought the VA was scandalous.  Which they are by a land slide but SSA, well all I'm stating is WTF.

Edited by ArNG11
additional info

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

At least the VA knows what ' entire claim's file means"  Wish every one luck who is dealing with the SSA decisions and reviews.  WTF, how is this allowed to be legal?

Mr. A

ArNG11 here is a funny story. I filled out all the Release of Information for SSA to get ALL my records from the VA back in 2012 and 2013. Well long story short the VA neglected to send a very, very important piece of information as in an EMG on my lower extremities. If I didn't have that in my possession at the ALJ hearing I would not have won my case. I do not trust the VA whatsoever and now I don't trust the SSA because it appears they are fighting with each other now. It feels that since the SSA approved all my contentions because of only my Service Connected issues then the VA had to approve my TDIU because of this that now it appears that the VA is going to payback SSA.

Think about this, in 2012 and 2013 I was told the VA would not do surgery because of my age. That was 2-3 years ago but now they want to do surgery? My VA Neurologist cannot give me a reason for the change of heart and to be honest I am still debating if I am going to let them cut on me because they want to implant a SCS ( but hopefully I will change the mind of Neurosurgeon in April). I just don't trust none of them anymore. I've lost all hope but not hope in life just in the system that is suppose to help me whenever I started having issues in 2010. They refused to help me but pushed pills on me. Now the PM Neurologist says "Well the pain killers are not good for you"...WTH!!! Seriously you hypocrite. You prescribe them to me in 2013 but now you are saying they are bad for people. Seriously he said this and I replied what I just said to him in a secure message. I speak my mind and for them to put me on pain killers is appalling whenever they would not do surgery 2 years ago. Oh well I will allow them to decompress my neck but they will not nor will I let them implant some Spinal Cord Stimulator. The more cutting there is the more scarring there is. Then whenever the inevitable happens then all that scare tissue is going to make it worse later one whenever they have to decompress my neck and lumbar.

I'm there myself. I don't want the VA to perform anything any more, I honestly feel the care they provide me is substandard, however, the VA should pay for my treatment, pay for my medical expenses, that responsibility falls on the VA as my sickness and injuries happened in the line of duty.  At the very least that is what the VA should do.  That's is, I dare say what I desire and deserve. 

I'm wondering now, whether SS is going to follow the same posture as the other agencies?  How much evidence do you folks need?  

Mr. A