Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temporary 100% Disability???

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Hi there!  I hope all is well with everyone!  I have been gone for awhile but I am back...

Long story short on 12/24/15 I fell down stairs at my daughter's house.  My left foot (S/C) gave out on me (had surgery - minor on ankle/toe in June 15) and it gave out on me causing me to fall.  I wound up breaking my 5th Metatarsal with a transverse and spiral fractures.  My right foot has had a prior fracture but is not S/C at the moment.  I am awaiting the appeals process for that issue.

I got back to the VA Dallas Hospital and saw my podiatrist.  He indicated I need surgery and I am having it on Wednesday.  I am going to be in the hospital for a day but the issue I have is the fact that this is my RIGHT foot and I will be immobilized for over 3 months.  It might be longer but not sure at this point.  I can't drive with this foot and will be forced to be at home.  I am going to be in a bit of a pickle with this situation.  The right foot is NOT S/C and I thought I read that in order to qualify for the Temporary 100% you have to have the surgery/immobilization on the S/C disability.

The picture attached is from my X-Ray of my right foot....

My question is, can I even apply for 100% Temporary Disability?  Do I have a "leg to stand on"?  If I do, should I get the doctor to type a letter up for me?  How does this situation work?

Thanks!

994705_927424883959753_1014347732064352981_n.jpg

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good luck!