• donate-be-a-hero.png

Choice Program

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

This just happen I miss an appointment in 12-15 at va for a new primary

I told VA choice had already set an appointment for me. I was told by VA doctor

or her nurse they don't do primary through Choice. So I had appointment Tuesday

through Choice for primary and was told to come back 1 month. Labs &all. I'm not

sure how all this work neither do Choice. I get acupuncture through choice also

I ask do I still need to see a primary at VA? Choice says no my VA doctor says yes.

Anyone  

My recent VA Choice Experience.

Req VA Cardiac Rehab, Referral provided by VA Cardiologist 03/15. VMC referred to VET Choice due to unable to provide  service at VMC. Numerous contacts by Vet Choice, their continuity of follow-up is questionable. Finally 10/15, they located a non VA provider 120 miles outside of Det. I told them that was unacceptable and haven't heard back from them, told them to find a closer provider.

11/15 I got an unsolicited call from the Cardiac Care Coordinator at my VMC, regarding my referral to Vet Choice. After addressing my displeasure with the results, she advised me to "Request Her to line up the Non VA Facility." I did, she did and I had my 1st appointment with a location about 14 miles away, 12/09/15.

Evidently, if your VMC can't provide you with the services that your VA or Non VA Dr issue a referral for, the VA Care Coordinator can, if directly requested by the Vet, line up the Non VA Provider.

Semper Fi

Atlanta medical after seeing my travel pay to a private care acupuncture doctor

now the ones who work for VA and for chronic pain is getting care through my

complaint about I don't want narcotic pills no more ,12 years is enough. They re

move the doctor who was doing acupuncture for VA and gave him another job in

TBI .VA is now sending patients to outside providers through my complaint and treatment. I was their Guinea pig experiment but if help a lot of veteran who didn't

know they can now get this type of treatment. VA employees are now using the

services and over crowding my appointments

Edited by RUREADY

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, Gastone said:

My recent VA Choice Experience.

Req VA Cardiac Rehab, Referral provided by VA Cardiologist 03/15. VMC referred to VET Choice due to unable to provide  service at VMC. Numerous contacts by Vet Choice, their continuity of follow-up is questionable. Finally 10/15, they located a non VA provider 120 miles outside of Det. I told them that was unacceptable and haven't heard back from them, told them to find a closer provider.

11/15 I got an unsolicited call from the Cardiac Care Coordinator at my VMC, regarding my referral to Vet Choice. After addressing my displeasure with the results, she advised me to "Request Her to line up the Non VA Facility." I did, she did and I had my 1st appointment with a location about 14 miles away, 12/09/15.

Evidently, if your VMC can't provide you with the services that your VA or Non VA Dr issue a referral for, the VA Care Coordinator can, if directly requested by the Vet, line up the Non VA Provider.

Semper Fi

From what I hear, you don't have to let them pick a provider for you. If the doctor of your choice can be found on this list, you can just tell the VA that's who you want to see and then let them make the arrangements.

http://www.va.gov/opa/apps/locator/

I think the whole 120 mile deal was just to upset you in hopes you would give up and go back to the VAMC.

if you have someone you like to see as your doctor they will try

to make it happen. If you don't they will refer you to someone in their

network or you research to find one. Primary care VA still has to approve treatment

plan from outside provider. I put in for primary in OCTOBER they just now finding it

You have to keep pushing because its a new program  and most calls come  from Texas

they have no ideal whats  going on but they do get it started for you just take sometime

1 hour ago, Vync said:

From what I hear, you don't have to let them pick a provider for you. If the doctor of your choice can be found on this list, you can just tell the VA that's who you want to see and then let them make the arrangements.

http://www.va.gov/opa/apps/locator/

I think the whole 120 mile deal was just to upset you in hopes you would give up and go back to the VAMC.

I would have went because they will pay you travel pay plus room if  need be but that's me

I drive maybe 60 miles round trip twice a week